• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT Harrogate Town V Exeter City F.C.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bizarre match report from Sky Sports. I'm not sure too many City fans were bothered about Josh Key not scoring for 48 games and no, Harry Kite, did not trip Pattinson inches inside the box.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's a funny old thing being a football fan. I was just reading through this thread thinking how totally, utterly different it reads compared to reading exeweb a month ago. From doom, gloom to positive vibes, almost like it's the site for a different club altogether. It's nice, I actually enjoy reading it again now and long may that last.... 😆 Geddon City.

I was disappointed that Dawson didnt stop that penalty. He guessed correctly and made it all the way to the ball, yet it got past him? I think he'll be disappointed.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a funny old thing being a football fan. I was just reading through this thread thinking how totally, utterly different it reads compared to reading exeweb a month ago. From doom, gloom to positive vibes, almost like it's the site for a different club altogether. It's nice, I actually enjoy reading it again now and long may that last.... 😆 Geddon City.
And yet it's many of the same new signings that the doom and gloom posters were complaining about who are now playing well and contributing to the positive vibes.

Avening Posse

mildly disappointed with the result, but that's because I think we are looking pretty damn good !!. Think we are in for an exciting season

gilbertshoot

I was disappointed that Dawson didnt stop that penalty. He guessed correctly and made it all the way to the ball, yet it got past him? I think he'll be disappointed.
Oh, gawd!! 😳

Positive spin

I dont know if it was the camera covering the action in good old 60's style, but that pitch looked really really small, not enough room for the players to get going at times! It must have been just about acceptable for FL football.
It used to be the size of our keepers and now the pitch.
Do you have a size complex ?

Leads

Even if the foul didn’t happen inside the box and to me it looked very close, it wasn’t very wise of Kite to go sliding in like that when he was already on a yellow... he’s a young guy and new to the team so I don’t want to give him too much grief but hopefully he will learn from that. Thought Jay had a solid game especially in the second half, he covered a serious amount of ground. Hartridge is so solid and wins pretty much everything, such a shame he couldn’t win it at the end. Definitely more positives than negatives going into the FGR game. I went to their league cup tie against Brentford and they looked very good in the first half.

andrew p long

Bizarre match report from Sky Sports. I'm not sure too many City fans were bothered about Josh Key not scoring for 48 games and no, Harry Kite, did not trip Pattinson inches inside the box.
usual modern journalism - a teenager with a database writes the reports. He doesn't know that Key has played full back or wing back throughout the last 12 months; he somehow thinks Josh plays in midfield and his database shows the scoring record...result ' a goal drought for midfielder Key'

andrew p long

PS I now see that Josh is listed as a midfielder on City's website, which explains why the report says he is. Conclusion - report written by what is found on the internet, rather than any personal knowledge or understanding.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
usual modern journalism - a teenager with a database writes the reports. He doesn't know that Key has played full back or wing back throughout the last 12 months; he somehow thinks Josh plays in midfield and his database shows the scoring record...result ' a goal drought for midfielder Key'
Well, there's no guarantee that it's a he, but whoever the reporter is they are going to lose their mind if Jake Caprice ever scores a goal. 6887