• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT Exeter v Chelsea : PJT 7pm KO

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lee is a child, however he's been selected for a adult game so it's fair to talk about how he did. Not great keeping for that goal for sure, but of course something to work on.
And you talk about me patronising?? How patronising is that to him? I'm sure he wouldn't take to kindly to being called 'a child'.

Grecian Max

And you talk about me patronising?? How patronising is that to him? I'm sure he wouldn't take to kindly to being called 'a child'.
How is it patronising, it's the legal definition of an 16 year old - said because he obviously deserves a bit of a leeway

I was also agreeing with you, absolute pleb hahahaa

rooecfc

How is it patronising, it's the legal definition of an 16 year old - said because he obviously deserves a bit of a leeway

pun intended?

Grecian Max

pun intended?
Absolutely :cool:

grecIAN Harris

It's the difference of what is technically right (what you've said) and what he'd probably find acceptable (and having had enough arguments with my teenage daughter, calling her child goes down like a fart in a lift) and I doubt he would. Young man you would have got away with. ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lee is a child, however he's been selected for a adult game so it's fair to talk about how he did. Not great keeping for that goal for sure, but of course something to work on.
Agreed.

I'd would also expect us to be protective of him when he plays at SJP. Encouragement not vocal criticism.

Grecian Max

It's the difference of what is technically right (what you've said) and what he'd probably find acceptable (and having had enough arguments with my teenage daughter, calling her child goes down like a fart in a lift) and I doubt he would. Young man you would have got away with. ;)
I agree, it wasn't meant in that way though - more from the perspective that he's in the adult game whilst still being really young, especially for a goalie.. when lads that young are out on the pitch it can be easy to forget that they are still children. Certainly wouldn't have been able to deal with that mental pressure at 16 so it's a compliment really.

Grecian Max

Agreed.

I'd would also expect us to be protective of him when he plays at SJP. Encouragement not vocal criticism.
Definitely

AmberRed

It basic goalkeeping that a keeper with the kind of footballing education that Lee has had should be able to deal with. I don't care whether he is 16 or 40.
He's come through a Cat 3 Academy, hardly top 'footballing education'! If he had come for that ball 'at the strikers feet' like Pete thinks he should have, the striker would have either gone down for a pen, chipped him or gone around him, he had already done the defender for pace! In that situation he would have been taught to make himself as big as possible and watching back the clips, his head didn't turn until the ball had gone past him!! I was at the game and the kid didn't make an error all night!

Rosencrantz

One thing about Harry's game that will stand him in good stead as a goalkeeper in the modern game is that he was very comfortable with the ball at his feet and generally looks to have good temperament.

As for the goal, from the 360 screen grab below, you can see he kept his eyes on the ball. His head movement came as he kept watching the ball a it went past him. His positioning in the first place could have been better as could the timing of "making himself big". Pete's old laying in front the striker like a draught excluder is a bit old hat technique now for goalkeepers.