• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers

CityTillIDie

I always wonder why its not like that more often.
Because any fans who want any sort of atmosphere avoid it.

gilbertshoot

It is a great stand to watch from.I migrated from the IP Stand,it’s a much better match day experience from the SASS.Better view with the steeper rake & not having the problem of squinting into the sun(the reason why the original seated stand was built on that side in 1908)
Surprisingly the SASS still lags behind the IP Office stand in % of seats sold for games.
Max,you can use contactless for the bar under the stand.
Love the new stand. Sit quite high up towards the away end and the view is fantastic - Big Bank rocking and close enough to the away fans to take the p*ss (Bristol Rovers was particularly sweet). Undercroft is great, too and particularly like the legend banners. Old grandstand had a certain 'charm' but this new one is on another level. Just need to see a bit more full.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree about the good view and facilities from/in the SASS.

My only quibble is the lack of singing. I used to sit in the Old Grandstand and not only would we pick up the songs of the Big Bank, but songs would also often begin in our stand.

I know I am part of the problem - I used to sing a lot more at City games. I also know I could be part of the solution and start some songs.

I wonder what is at the root of our collective quietness? Has the SASS cleintele changed dramatically from the OG? With the dugouts now gone from our side of the pitch, do we feel more cut off from the action? Or have the great view and pristine facilities stunned us into silence?
It is certainly an older clientele in the SASS but there is a lot of engagement with the Stanno song and some other faves, plus occasional attempts to be more vocal, but they get overwhelmed by the noise coming form the BB and peter out.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last few years of the Old Grandstand - Steve Perryman used to get a fair few chants going in there.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is certainly an older clientele in the SASS but there is a lot of engagement with the Stanno song and some other faves, plus occasional attempts to be more vocal, but they get overwhelmed by the noise coming form the BB and peter out.
Didn't the old Grandstand D block have a voice as they were retired Cowshedders ?

CityTillIDie

Last few years of the Old Grandstand - Steve Perryman used to get a fair few chants going in there.
Fond memories of these times, before I moved to the big bank. The wooden floor also helped, no drum needed

LOG

And the Collective on the big bank I thought were great
Shame about the pathetic abuse they aimed at JMT though.

Alistair20000

Agreed. Very average behaviour. (n)

JMT got even with that block from Owura’s shot near the end that from where I was sitting was going in

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why was it pathetic? In my opinion it was entirely deserved given the way he engineered his departure from City.

Colesman Ballz

Why was it pathetic? In my opinion it was entirely deserved given the way he engineered his departure from City.
I have great sympathy with this view, in the January he signed a new extended contract which we were told was a "record highest one" for City, takes the extra dosh, and then walks for free a few months later after the play-off final. Tis/the Club should never agreed to it in the first place. The only beneficiaries were JMC, his agent, Tis and the fecking franchise !
He may have been a great player for us, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him have the likes of Matt Rhead "in his pocket" but it was a tawdry exit ! Our only consolation is that we may have "dodged a bullet" given his subsequent chequered injury record at MKD and
FGR ! We move on with Alex Hartridge (y) .