• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers

eurogrecian

Game went as I expected and I'm content with a point as Forest Green look a passing good side.
More to come from City I think. Looking good.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good point in the end. We battled hard but Forest Green had the better chances and it's frustrating that we didn't have a shot in target. Forest Green already look like a team who are used to playing together whereas we still look like a work in progress.

ECFC89

Maybe just in a bad mood but that was ******** appalling in an attacking sense. Well organised, caught them offside a few times, battled really hard, but we were as poor on the ball since…. Actually Leyton or barrow.
I’m sure he’ll come good but Taylor was absolute dog.
Bar a beautiful 20 minute burst against Bristol we’ve scored one goal and never looked like scoring today. As said probs regret the post tomorrow, but everytime weve been poor this season I’ve thought, we have the window…. Looking at that today, I fear we’re set for an 11th placed finish

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bring back the black shorts and we will score more goals.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
similarities in the two teams..

scorers in last season's 1-1 both called Collins A (Archie and Aaron)

today's RCB's both called Sweeney (Pierce and Dan)

captains called Matt Jay and Jay Matt

(yep, it was a 0-0!)

CWH-NYC_

A touch disappointed by that display, thought we would feel a bit tighter, early days still.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe just in a bad mood but that was ******** appalling in an attacking sense. Well organised, caught them offside a few times, battled really hard, but we were as poor on the ball since…. Actually Leyton or barrow.
I’m sure he’ll come good but Taylor was absolute dog.
Bar a beautiful 20 minute burst against Bristol we’ve scored one goal and never looked like scoring today. As said probs regret the post tomorrow, but everytime weve been poor this season I’ve thought, we have the window…. Looking at that today, I fear we’re set for an 11th placed finish
Yes, we struggled in attack today but there were several mitigating factors. Firstly Forest Green are a very good side who are well-organised and, in defence, used to playing together. Meanwhile we were missing our best attacking player so far this season in Jevani Brown and were forced to play a makeshift central midfield. I think Taylor will be a good player for us but hard for anyone to play well when they've only just met their teammates for the first time a few days ago.

ExmouthMart

Didn’t see the game but a point a good result against one of the money teams. No shots on target according to BBC statistics. Is that no shots in didn’t create any clear cut chances or just didn’t create anything?! From what I’ve seen we look much better now as a team but just need a bit of time to get going and avoid any more injuries. No need to worry! What’s the news on Brown?!

ECFC89

Yes, we struggled in attack today but there were several mitigating factors. Firstly Forest Green are a very good side who are well-organised and, in defence, used to playing together. Meanwhile we were missing our best attacking player so far this season in Jevani Brown and were forced to play a makeshift central midfield. I think Taylor will be a good player for us but hard for anyone to play well when they've only just met their teammates for the first time a few days ago.
Thought with Brown out, Jay would be able to slot into his natural role and really affect the game. Never happened.
You are being v rational about Taylor, but it’s a poor debut whatever.
Worried about depth.
Probably just letting the ol drink make me negative, but I thought that was really poor.
Nombe will score, just dont know where and when

CC

12 halves of league football so far and we've scored in two of them. Add two home cup games with a total of one goal from the penalty spot and it is a bit concerning. Hopefully the magic 'gelling' will occur and the goals will come...