• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT : Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers 7pm KO

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scrappy game with 2 average sides on the night. Thought we edged it.

We're not even half way through the season and we're doing OK, 7 points off the top with 1 or 2 games in hand on most. Still all to play for.

With 1 or 2 good additions this window I'm still confident of automatics.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't want to kick a man when he's down, but I've seen no evidence whatsoever that McArdle is a leader. He's certainly not especially vocal, so not quite sure what you're basing this assertion on.
People assume that because he's experienced, a clogger, and plays at centre back, he's going to have great leadership qualities but I suppose that's not always the case.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Don't want to kick a man when he's down, but I've seen no evidence whatsoever that McArdle is a leader. He's certainly not especially vocal, so not quite sure what you're basing this assertion on.
Totally disagree with you here. If you watch the games that McArdle has played he clearly is very vocal as you hear him talking to other players and organizing. I don't disagree that he hasn't performed well enough to be selected though.

SimonBB

Kite isn't a wide player.

The solution is simple, put Key at right back, bring Randall over to the right hand side and play Sparkes on the left with Page at full back.

It's glaringly obvious.
This is what I would like to see tried. Also not Laws best position but he can also play left midfield with Sparkes overlapping.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like bringing Seymour on when we need a goal you mean?!
I wasn’t thinking of that one specifically but now you mention it....bringing on someone when you need a goal who hasn’t yet scored a league goal could be construed as strange.

Reactions: Egg

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kite isn't a wide player.

The solution is simple, put Key at right back, bring Randall over to the right hand side and play Sparkes on the left with Page at full back.

It's glaringly obvious.
Problem with that is Page can’t play a full 90 so him and Sparkes are having to combine at left back.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn’t thinking of that one specifically but now you mention it....bringing on someone when you need a goal who hasn’t yet scored a league goal could be construed as strange.
As could having Hartridge and McArdle on the bench, while not being able to find space for someone who has scored 100-plus league goals.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally disagree with you here. If you watch the games that McArdle has played he clearly is very vocal as you hear him talking to other players and organizing. I don't disagree that he hasn't performed well enough to be selected though.
I'd disgaree. With respect, have you been to any games this season? I'm guessing from your location that maybe you haven't. Take it from me, McArdle really isn't very vocal. This isn't intended as a criticism, some people aren't and I dare say he never has been.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete always struggles with distances and heights, I don’t think they have Specsavers in the USA 😜
Just 'Peyote Pete" hallucinating again ! :cool:

Ex-ciderrr

2 points dropped tonight.

I Thought Bolton were very poor but had a brief spell of go about them just after they scored. We looked extremely average at best.

If Bowman and Randall score, 3 points are in the bag.

Tricky one up Harrogate Saturday.