• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT : Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers 7pm KO

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are Ryan Harley - not so good once the pitches deteriorate. Maybe we'll improve as spring approaches..

Thought Collins was fairly anonymous for the first 80 minutes.

Our corners are getting a bit better though

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Collins was fairly anonymous for the first 80 minutes.
He often is.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought he got booked for foul on Taylor on edge of penalty box in first half so IMO should have not been on pitch to cross for their goal.
Almost forgave Big Nige for giving ball away so much in critical positions over last 2 games when he hit the bar with his bicycle kick but fear that his mistakes are proving too costly.
UTC
I'd need to see it again, but thought there was a City player just behind Atangana who would have had a pretty straight-forward task to score if Nige hadn't gone for the bicycle kick.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor makes some questionable substitutions at odd times.
Like bringing Seymour on when we need a goal you mean?!

arthur

Re the non booking in the first half. The ref reached into his pocket for his free kick spray not his card. He had a good game btw

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT says Randell Williams has a "stress fracture", which "usually takes 3 or 4 weeks to heal and another couple of weeks to build back"

some of the fans seem to have had stress fractures watching the last couple of games

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We missed Williams. I know a lot of people think he isn't contributing much this season but he is such an important outlet for us.

Key behind Williams is so much better than Caprice behind Key.
As I suggested would be the case, Randall doesn't look half as effective once he's the only tricky winger to be taken care of by opposing defences.

STURTZ

I'd need to see it again, but thought there was a City player just behind Atangana who would have had a pretty straight-forward task to score if Nige hadn't gone for the bicycle kick.
He did, it was Hartridge, he probably would have scored. Thought in the short period Hartridge was on he linked defense and attack better than we had all game. Nice to see his long throw implemented at last as well, funny that when he was about to come on our trainer was making throw in gestures to the other players. All we need now is a player capable of getting on the end of those throws and it could be worth about ten goals a season.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I suggested would be the case, Randall doesn't look half as effective once he's the only tricky winger to be taken care of by opposing defences.
It's got nothing to do with that.

Randall got in tonight and on another day would have scored.

We have played two games without Williams, one of which was against a championship side.

Any chance you could give the condescending arrogance a rest for a day or two ??

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
McArdle is a leader but unfortunately his form doesn't warrant him being selected at present.
Don't want to kick a man when he's down, but I've seen no evidence whatsoever that McArdle is a leader. He's certainly not especially vocal, so not quite sure what you're basing this assertion on.