• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT : Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers 7pm KO

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absolutely, looked like an easy chance for Hartridge, only for Atangana to try for a wonder a goal.
I actually thought he was very poor when he came on & nearly cost us the game when he made a dreadful pass that let Sarcovic in. I'm not sure that he didn't let the same player run off him when he created their goal.
It was terrible decision by Atangana to try such an ambitious effort when Hartridge was stood right in front of him like that waiting to put his laces through it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
When Atangana tried that speculative last minute overhead kick anybody else think that if he'd left it Hartridge was in an excellant position to swing his left foot at it and score?
Yes. But also when I saw the replay I didn’t see Hartridge screaming for it to be left.

budegrecian

We are struggling for an identity at present. Fingers crossed we can wrestle a result from somewhere soon.
Agree with this. Like most youngsters that are introduced into a side, Joel & Josh are experiencing a drop in form. Joel would have scored that chance a month ago. They are both great prospects & I'm sure their form will return, but with Williams also out we have lost that dynamic attacking edge.
We are also lacking confidence & leadership, which became very apparent once Jake went off. Nobody got a grip of the game or encouraged the rest of the team.

dontpassback

Looks like mid table if we don’t start getting it together,rough pitches and rough patches,let’s hope we can get it sorted

Grecian Max

Weird game. Enjoyed the first half, I liked how Bolton were set up - very different from a lot of League 2 sides and played some really good stuff. Pretty even, then we started well in the second half and Matt Jay did superbly for our goal. At which point it turned into a hoof fest, thanks to our pitch looking like King George playing fields. It really is shocking that.

Wasn't just the pitch though. Nigel looking really sloppy again, no decent forward options on the bench thanks to Taylor thinking Seymour should be ahead of not only Ajose but Fisher too. Whilst neither are amazing, how on earth is Seymour ahead of them. The goal was so soft as well, so frustrating.

Also the Caprice/Key combo isn't great - I've been critical of Williams but he holds his position well to be fair to him, Key drops back so far he starts to get in the way. Both are most effective at right back in my mind, which gives us a problem for at least a month or so whilst Williams is out.

All a bit concerning really, and I didn't like the body language for the last, didn't look like they wanted it enough.

Grecian Max

Looks like mid table if we don’t start getting it together,rough pitches and rough patches,let’s hope we can get it sorted
I mean we'll be play offs minimum, but that will still be a massive dissapointment.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman, no goals in four games.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor needs to improve his use of subs, it's all too predictable, reactive and pretty stale.

Also if Seymour is your second choice striker you've got problems.

andrew p long

the word used most frequently by the commentator was 'Sarcevic'

Sarcevic this, Sarcevic that.

I wonder why that player in particular was mentioned so often....

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do think the team he put out tonight should start the next game (unless Randell Williams is available). We've had a lot of changes in the past few games and players need to settle. Parkes made mistakes tonight but he needs more games under his belt. Players didn't settle too well and maybe it's because of the lack of regular games for some of them.