• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT : Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers 7pm KO

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did anyone else have match notifications that sarsavic had been booked twice
I thought he got booked for foul on Taylor on edge of penalty box in first half so IMO should have not been on pitch to cross for their goal.
Almost forgave Big Nige for giving ball away so much in critical positions over last 2 games when he hit the bar with his bicycle kick but fear that his mistakes are proving too costly.
UTC

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the moment our subs just seem to add fresh legs, whereas other teams' subs add fresh ideas.

Can't see why we keep using Law for last 10 mins when the game is stretched and we go long. Either give him 30 mins to change the game, or use him from the start and take him off for the last quarter.
Taylor makes some questionable substitutions at odd times.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The ball was kicked aimlessly upfield too many times tonight by the keeper or defenders.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sarcevic(sp?) looked offside when he collected the ball in their build up to the equaliser, we were unlucky with both Sparkes’ and Atangana’s efforts right at the final whistle and the camera man needs to lay off the pre match drinks. Should have won, unlucky not to have but just missing that little something with too much ending up going down blind alleys. Think more than anything else with pitches getting heavy this time of year we’re running out of steam a bit.

jase 07

You’re joking right. Nothing like the weekend. This guy scored from 2 yards out, closer to the middle of the goal than the post....
whether masted should have gambled on cutting out the cross is another question.
Pete always struggles with distances and heights, I don’t think they have Specsavers in the USA 😜

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Bolton deserved a point. They looked far better going forward than we did. . I think the younger players are now struggling especially Randell. What’s happened to Law
With regards to our younger players we have always known that it was only to be expected they will go through spells of uncertainty in their play and this has been particularly noticeable in recent games with Joel.

As for Law this season for whatever reason he has not looked half the player he was last season and when coming on has done little to affect the outcome of the game.

MJ is working hard but he does not have the overall ability to control the game the way an on form Law is able to do.

budegrecian

Agree with this and if Atangana had left the ball for Hartridge to smash home right at the end there we’d probably have won the game.
Absolutely, looked like an easy chance for Hartridge, only for Atangana to try for a wonder a goal.
I actually thought he was very poor when he came on & nearly cost us the game when he made a dreadful pass that let Sarcovic in. I'm not sure that he didn't let the same player run off him when he created their goal.

C j phill

I don't think we'll finish in the top 7, our defence is brittle and not improving and our younger players are going through a dip in form, which is perfectly reasonable, given they're still getting to grips with league 2 football.

i8cornwall

Frustrating yet again from city for me that’s two points dropped.

I won’t add what I think from a Bolton point of view mind.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
When Atangana tried that speculative last minute overhead kick anybody else think that if he'd left it Hartridge was in an excellant position to swing his left foot at it and score?