• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT : Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers 7pm KO

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought Maxted tried to cut out the cross and missed
that's how I saw it too.

Alistair20000

I thought he got booked for foul on Taylor on edge of penalty box in first half so IMO should have not been on pitch to cross for their goal.
Almost forgave Big Nige for giving ball away so much in critical positions over last 2 games when he hit the bar with his bicycle kick but fear that his mistakes are proving too costly.
UTC
No card was given for that first half foul. It possibly should have been a yellow

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Tonight was a game that a top 3 side grinds out 1-0. Watching it I never felt we were capable of doing this though. As soon as Bolton equalized we were a mess at the back for 10 minutes and were lucky to not concede again. Then in fairness the last 5 minutes we probably deserved to get a winner.
As many have said we still lack real leaders on the pitch. McArdle is a leader but unfortunately his form doesn't warrant him being selected at present.

Not including the EFL Trophy games we have only kept 4 clean sheets this season which is a concern. Especially when you take into account that we didn't keep a clean sheet in our last 13 games of last season. I'm a big fan of MT, but he has to now sort this out or this season will fade away and we will miss out on the playoffs altogether. However; a couple of good signings and I also really feel we could push for a top 3 spot...that's how close it is this year!!

The life of a City Fan!!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tonight was a game that a top 3 side grinds out 1-0. Watching it I never felt we were capable of doing this though. As soon as Bolton equalized we were a mess at the back for 10 minutes and were lucky to not concede again. Then in fairness the last 5 minutes we probably deserved to get a winner.
As many have said we still lack real leaders on the pitch. McArdle is a leader but unfortunately his form doesn't warrant him being selected at present.

Not including the EFL Trophy games we have only kept 4 clean sheets this season which is a concern. Especially when you take into account that we didn't keep a clean sheet in our last 13 games of last season. I'm a big fan of MT, but he has to now sort this out or this season will fade away and we will miss out on the playoffs altogether. However; a couple of good signings and I also really feel we could push for a top 3 spot...that's how close it is this year!!

The life of a City Fan!!
Fellow Grecians - when we started the season it was all about OUR club surviving COVID on the pitch & financially and MT said that this season was transitional.
Given the unknown effects of COVID on this season (and the COVID legacy from last) we have had to rely on our academy which gave us a great start but now we have hit a 'sticky patch'.
For me anything more than survival in L2 is still a bonus.
UTC

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
UTC
That is a very feeble way of looking at things.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That is a very feeble way of looking at things.
It's a dreadful view. We need to be thinking about winning every game. It's not as if we're broke.

tonykellowfan

We missed Williams. I know a lot of people think he isn't contributing much this season but he is such an important outlet for us.

Key behind Williams is so much better than Caprice behind Key.

Exehausted

We missed Williams. I know a lot of people think he isn't contributing much this season but he is such an important outlet for us.

Key behind Williams is so much better than Caprice behind Key.
I would move Key back and give Harry Kite a couple of games there while Williams is out.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would move Key back and give Harry Kite a couple of games there while Williams is out.
Kite isn't a wide player.

The solution is simple, put Key at right back, bring Randall over to the right hand side and play Sparkes on the left with Page at full back.

It's glaringly obvious.

Grecian Max

Fellow Grecians - when we started the season it was all about OUR club surviving COVID on the pitch & financially and MT said that this season was transitional.
Given the unknown effects of COVID on this season (and the COVID legacy from last) we have had to rely on our academy which gave us a great start but now we have hit a 'sticky patch'.
UTC
Zzzzz file alongside "we should be happy to have a club" that still persists from 2003