• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like Matt's work over the season have been acknowledged by Sky now

Will that make the move to Charlton more likely ?
If he was strongly promoting the idea of supporter-owned clubs he's hardly likely to want to go to Charlton.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is great to see OUR MT be recognised by his peers, be in company of such illustrious company & be able to put forward what fan owned clubs can do in front of such an audience.
Even prouder to be a GRECIAN tonight !
UTC

SaintJames

Perhaps Tis can come back as 'Sartorial adviser' to the team.
Sanitorial advisor or bog cleaner I'm sure there could be some movement in creating a vacancy :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have one of the best youth set ups in English Football we produce more talented footballers then most premiership clubs, We have talented youth coaches, managers and staff in general. I'd continue to promote all the way to the manager position.
We don't produce more talented footballers than most prem clubs. Even if the prem academy player doesn't make their first team he'll often end up in the Championship, L1 or L2. We've recently produced 2 prem standard players in Watkins and Ampadu.

Reactions: DB9

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's on twitter so taking this with a massive pinch of salt. Charlton are close to appointing a new manager. Swindons ben garner..

dontpassback

It's on twitter so taking this with a massive pinch of salt. Charlton are close to appointing a new manager. Swindons ben garner..
Bet the charlton fans are underwhelmed with that one (if it’s true)the owner appears to be a bit of a case,and I expect Matt Taylor was well aware of that which is why he gave this one a swerve,however his stock has risen so I wouldn’t discount other opportunities arising sooner or later

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bet the charlton fans are underwhelmed with that one (if it’s true)the owner appears to be a bit of a case,and I expect Matt Taylor was well aware of that which is why he gave this one a swerve,however his stock has risen so I wouldn’t discount other opportunities arising sooner or later
No, they aren't particularly overwhelmed with it. The more success taylor has with us the more interest he will attract. It may not be Charlton this time, but there will be plenty other clubs interested in the future.

JCWhoosh

Get him on an improved contract pronto. If anyone wants to take him off our hands they will have to pay big!

sign of the chimes

Richard Cawley is the main football journo from their local paper which gives this a good degree of credibility. That's a bit of a leftfield appointment. I know he's done a good job at Swindon this term and was dealing with a s***storm at Rovers in his only other job, but still surprised. However, I know that prior to his appointment at Rovers he was incredibly well regarded in PL academy football. Not sure how he aligns with much of what is there in their squad though, so baffled.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Richard Cawley is the main football journo from their local paper which gives this a good degree of credibility. That's a bit of a leftfield appointment. I know he's done a good job at Swindon this term and was dealing with a s***storm at Rovers in his only other job, but still surprised. However, I know that prior to his appointment at Rovers he was incredibly well regarded in PL academy football. Not sure how he aligns with much of what is there in their squad though, so baffled.
Yeah, it's a bit of a surprise. I don't think he was even in the running. I didn't see his name linked with them.