• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I don't care what Dale Vince thinks, and I doubt Rob Edwards does either. He was given a contract clause, and took full advantage of it. Dale Vince is the fool.

RE did a good job for FGR and taken an opportunity with a much bigger club.

If he fails there, other clubs aren't going to discount him because he walked out for a bigger club, but they will consider him for a championship he won.

Are you seriously suggesting loyalty would be considered over success?

SaintJames

I don't care what Dale Vince thinks, and I doubt Rob Edwards does either. He was given a contract clause, and took full advantage of it. Dale Vince is the fool.

RE did a good job for FGR and taken an opportunity with a much bigger club.

If he fails there, other clubs aren't going to discount him because he walked out for a bigger club, but they will consider him for a championship he won.

Are you seriously suggesting loyalty would be considered over success?
Whilst I agree with you that Dale Vince was a fool I beg to differ that what he did will be of benefit to his future career. Every appointment is a balance of different factors including personality and nature of the person employed. If it was a fight against relegation and there were 10 games left I dare say I would be more influenced by the success ratio of the applicants. If however I wanted a manager who I ideally wanted for longer than a season I may not consider Rob Edwards to be my number one choice.

ExmouthMart

The thing that will attract KMT to other clubs is that he has done so well on a shoestring budget, he won't cost a lot in wages and can easily be got rid of if not performing. It's a win win for teams like Charlton who wants instant success. This is KMT's team now (no over hang from Tisdale) and Im hoping he will want to see how he fairs in league 1 with City. If not, I'm more worried most of the team will follow him.
I might be wrong but didn’t Tisdale sign Sweeney?! It might have been a shoestring budget compared to some but I think it was one of the biggest budgets an Exeter Manager has had in awhile. Offering Nombe and Brown three year deals must have involved some serious investment.
The best thing for any Exeter City Manager is the fact that you are not looking over your shoulder after a run of bad form and the owner starts to panic. You might be flavour of the month one minute but that can change pretty quickly. Just look at Taylor’s predecessor. Now a joke figure for a lot of People on here.

SaintJames

I might be wrong but didn’t Tisdale sign Sweeney?! It might have been a shoestring budget compared to some but I think it was one of the biggest budgets an Exeter Manager has had in awhile. Offering Nombe and Brown three year deals must have involved some serious investment.
The best thing for any Exeter City Manager is the fact that you are not looking over your shoulder after a run of bad form and the owner starts to panic. You might be flavour of the month one minute but that can change pretty quickly. Just look at Taylor’s predecessor. Now a joke figure for a lot of People on here.
Yes Tiz signed Sweens initially but of course Matt 'swooped' to get Sweens back from under the noses of Swindon :) I believe Jevani was two years but not sure if a definitive time was announced at the time or not?

JCWhoosh

Yes, I guess technically Sweeny was a Tisdale player but plays so much better in a KMT team. Again I agree with you that KMT has had a bigger budget as a City manager but was really thinking not high in comparison to other teams in league 2 and definitely not in league 1.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's it.Matt Taylor isn't going anywhere. He's injured.💉

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Working as pundit this afternoon on Sky’s coverage of Swindon v Port Vale.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wrong click.

SaintJames

Matt is staying put! He has unfinished business at Exeter's ............................. biggest cricket club He hasn't yet lifted the league title with Alphington CC :)

tonykellowfan

Although it hasn't been directly mentioned, we do have to consider Taylor's wages.

At the end of the day if a bigger club comes in with say a 3 year contract at double his wages, then he is going to consider it very seriously.