• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

MagicMushroom

Unsure if this has been spoken about but MT is currently favourites for the Charlton job. 86C0ADC5-623C-45F5-B554-A1BE26D1EF1D.jpeg

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anything is possible after Edwards’ move to Watford. And clearly he’s going to be linked as he’s done well here and is an ex Athletic player.

Personally, I think (hope) he wants to see how far he can take us in L1. But, as always, money talks and if Charlton did want him, he’d probably go.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to a Charlton fan on the football forum, the local journo has said Taylor is under consideration for the job.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
SkyBet Odds

• Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 5/2
  • Mark Warburton 7/2
  • Lee Bowyer 4/1
  • Michael Beale 5/1
  • Darren Ferguson 6/1
  • Mark Bonner 14/1
  • Rob Page 20/1
  • Sean Dyche 20/1
  • Neil Lennon 20/1
Why would KMT want to move to a team that finished 12th ? He could pull off another promotion next season !

Last edited:

WXF

Not Charlton again!

sign of the chimes

SkyBet Odds

• Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 5/2
  • Mark Warburton 7/2
  • Lee Bowyer 4/1
  • Michael Beale 5/1
  • Darren Ferguson 6/1
  • Mark Bonner 14/1
  • Rob Page 20/1
  • Sean Dyche 20/1
  • Neil Lennon 20/1
Their last two appointments have been terrible - the new(ish) owner needs to get the next one right or his credibility will go down the toilet.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Warburton would be a good choice for Charlton but it looks like he is going to Birmingham.

sign of the chimes

I think Warburton would be a good choice for Charlton but it looks like he is going to Birmingham.
A lot depends on how the club is being run. The takeover at Charlton wasn't particularly smooth and the current guy in charge, Sandgaard, owns the club while the despised former owner Roland Duchatelet still owns the ground and training ground I think.

I've also seen a few quotes from Sandgaard which make him sound like a total chancer:

thomas sandgaard said:
“We have built a recruitement system that is so much better. Before that it was a good old agent calling up and telling you someone is a good lad and that’s what you go by. That’s what it was when I took it over.

“There are better facilities now at the training ground. We already have our medical and sports science team and I’m demanding next season that our training has to have a minimum of 10 per cent more intensity, so we train at a minimum level we see in the Championship. It’s all around we’re improving.
Given the current ownership at Birmingham, and the name in the frame to take over, I can still see Charlton having better potential as a gig in the short term than the former - which is presumably why Bowyer is on the bookies list @ramone posted. Given Warburton's background I assume he will do the required due diligence on wherever he is headed next though, so I'm probably wrong.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I take it you aren't KMT biggest fan there Magic ?

Grecian_Matt

I know we all want him to stay and keep going in L1.
However my advice would be don’t make the same mistakes as Tisdale when he was heavily wanted.
He never left and now can’t even get a job at Ted Bakers.

Make the most of it whilst your stock is high.
And if he does leave then good luck to him.
He will leave a hero, rather than hated by half the fans.