• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

jimmy

Matt Taylor to Swindon Town? :ROFLMAO:
Sweeney jumped ship! ...But then had a think and jumped back!

ExmouthMart

Sweeney jumped ship! ...But then had a think and jumped back!
Perhaps the two year deal helped him decide. Should really come into his own in League One. Not much getting past ’The Supertanker’.

paperclip

Get him on an improved contract pronto. If anyone wants to take him off our hands they will have to pay big!
IIRC, Tisdale was given his improved contract for precisely this reason. Subsequently, Reading (I think) were very interested in poaching him, at which time Taggy said that if he wanted to go then ECFC wouldn't hold out for any compensation if it prevented PT from progressing his career further.

Great news that Matt isn't going to Charlton, and I am sure the club are looking at ways of securing his services for the future, but hopefully lessons will have been learned from last time.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can Exeter Council promise free childcare so we keep Matt & family ?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ben Garner has finally been confirmed as the new Charlton manager.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ben Garner has finally been confirmed as the new Charlton manager.
Wow, what a surprise.......

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know it's the summer but bookies know as much as us fans do, Naff all. Until there is an official statement from the club or manager we need to treat these odds/stories with a very large pinch of salt, Not saying MT is not a consideration for other clubs because his stock is pretty good atm.

Average Joe

Does this leave Swindon needing a manager thought? That could be a worry for us

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know it's the summer but bookies know as much as us fans do, Naff all. Until there is an official statement from the club or manager we need to treat these odds/stories with a very large pinch of salt, Not saying MT is not a consideration for other clubs because his stock is pretty good atm.
Sometimes there is a genuine reason why someone is being linked to the job. However, in this case there never seemed any evidence that Charlton were seriously interested in Matt Taylor or that he would take the job if it was offered to him. Therefore, I was surprised by how many people were believing that he might be about to leave.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does this leave Swindon needing a manager thought? That could be a worry for us
That's for another thread.