• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Money talks. What is MT currently paid by us £50k a year? £100k?

Are you telling my that if he is offered £250k on a 3 year deal he is going to say no to that?
50k? We're not living in the 1990's.

I dont know what MT earns but am pretty confident it would be 150k+ per year.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Yeah he’ll be earning six figures. And if Charlton, or anyone else for that matter, offered to treble his wages that’s life changing money and would surely be hard to turn down

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

I'd have guessed it would be nearer half that figure.

Exehausted

I'd have guessed it would be nearer half that figure.
I very much doubt it Egg. We were told that Paul Tisdale dropped his salary from £150,000 a year to £140,000 when we were relegated. That was ten years ago. Matt is known as a canny negotiator and although I expect that he started on a low wage, I'm sure he will be on as much as Paul was when he left if not more.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Very true. And those bookies think they can make money out of people who are willing to put money on MT becoming Charlton manager. (I haven't actually seen them offering odds on MT *not* becoming Charlton manager, which is a bet many would like to place)
At the bookies you can also put money on Elvis being alive and Aliens making contact, both are more likely than Matt Taylor being appointed Charlton manager anytime soon.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I very much doubt it Egg. We were told that Paul Tisdale dropped his salary from £150,000 a year to £140,000 when we were relegated. That was ten years ago. Matt is known as a canny negotiator and although I expect that he started on a low wage, I'm sure he will be on as much as Paul was when he left if not more.
Nearer half that figure equates to anything up £112,500. I'd be quite surprised if Matt is earning more than that.

Remember, Tis' salary came off the back of him renegotiating his contract having been offered the Watford and Swansea jobs.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nearer half that figure equates to anything up £112,500. I'd be quite surprised if Matt is earning more than that.

Remember, Tis' salary came off the back of him renegotiating his contract having been offered the Watford and Swansea jobs.
Half the figure is 75k not £112,500

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Half the figure is 75k not £112,500
I said closer to half that figure. Anything less than £112,500 is closer to 75k than 150k.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I said closer to half that figure. Anything less than £112,500 is closer to 75k than 150k.
When 150k was quoted and you said it would be closer to half that figure you were referring to 75k. Be honest with yourself, you weren't thinking 112k.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Vacancy at Salford now ,Bowyer gone.
Didn’t Matt Taylor say the other day he enjoys going to Salford as it’s local for him and his family.