• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Average Joe

I'm more worried about how many of our players he'll take with him.
MT won't take many. If he thought we had championship players in our squad then I think he would have stayed. our players are league one players, apart from maybe one or two max. Also our squad is so thin I don't think we can sell/let go of any.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
MT won't take many. If he thought we had championship players in our squad then I think he would have stayed. our players are league one players, apart from maybe one or two max. Also our squad is so thin I don't think we can sell/let go of any.
Agree with most of this but your last sentence, Finances dictate and if we need some money and all agreed we would sell.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
The reality is, if we have players good enough for the Championship they'll be gone regardless of whether it's MT who takes them or someone else.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure what Rotherhams finances are like but I wouldn't be surprised if he came back for Cheick or Hartridge.

Average Joe

I'm not sure what Rotherhams finances are like but I wouldn't be surprised if he came back for Cheick or Hartridge.
Nombe, Sweeney and Brown would be my guess. My main worry is Browns contract and his relationship with MT.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nombe, Sweeney and Brown would be my guess. My main worry is Browns contract and his relationship with MT.
I love Pierce Sweeney but he is not a top end League 1/lower end Championship player.

Grecian Ed

Nicholson has been offered the job apparently. Come from someone very close to the club.

magiccity1

Thought there would have been a statement from the club by now even if its saying announcement has been delayed.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love Pierce Sweeney but he is not a top end League 1/lower end Championship player.
Also Nombe, Whilst when fit he'd be a shoe in for a Championship team imo but since we have to "manage" him then I can't think another team in a higher division would want a player they have to "manage" because of worrying about him getting an injury, It's like Stubbs, When fit he's really good but he's not fit long enough for other teams, It's probably the reason we got him in the first place, Can't see many owners/fans having that same patience. Mind MT hasn't signed on the dotted line yet so all this is irrelevant still. 🤞

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought there would have been a statement from the club by now even if its saying announcement has been delayed.
The lack of statement indicates that MT isn't staying and they will do an official presser today to announce it.

Also Nombe, Whilst when fit he'd be a shoe in for a Championship team imo but since we have to "manage" him then I can't think another team in a higher division would want a player they have to "manage" because of worrying about him getting an injury, It's like Stubbs, When fit he's really good but he's not fit long enough for other teams, It's probably the reason we got him in the first place, Can't see many owners/fans having that same patience. Mind MT hasn't signed on the dotted line yet so all this is irrelevant still. 🤞
Agree