• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor is still King

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at the Clubs history we can't afford to keep chopping and changing managers every 1 to 2 seasons
Two managers in 14 or so seasons and not one sacked shows we don't "Chop and Change" every 1 or 2 seasons and the two managers before them left for other jobs, So 4 managers in 17 odd years, Not bad going I say.

Rosencrantz

By our own standards we have had a very good budget in the past few seasons. Whether that is a budget that should get you promoted is another thing. It is certainly I would say a competitive budget where you would be disappointed to be in the bottom half (waves at Mansfield for now although that might change next season) but to say we definitely should get promotion off the back of that budget is another thing.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
By our own standards we have had a very good budget in the past few seasons. Whether that is a budget that should get you promoted is another thing. It is certainly I would say a competitive budget where you would be disappointed to be in the bottom half (waves at Mansfield for now although that might change next season) but to say we definitely should get promotion off the back of that budget is another thing.
Our budget is about midway league two. Technically we've overavhieved if you look only at literalbudget available. We'd probably smash a pounds for points league.

Perhaps that’s how promotion should have been decided, rather than points per game, use points per pound. :eek:

Avening Posse

OUCH! That must have been soul destroying.
Funnily enough I loved those days out, a minibus load of pals all in our late teens on the booze 😀

Avening Posse

It was a tough season that one, think I may have been at most of those games too, went to Bristol with no hope but we somehow managed to survive a battering and steal the win. think it led to a tie at Everton in Rd3 if I remember
I think that was the Everton game played on the Sunday, I went that one as well which is probably why we lost

DB9

Funnily enough I loved those days out, a minibus load of pals all in our late teens on the booze 😀
Ha ha! That reminds of the few occasions i drove the mini-bus for the mighty NDG's, The Journey home was always a fun experience!

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
I think that was the Everton game played on the Sunday, I went that one as well which is probably why we lost
Yes you are right, strange game, I don't remember us having a shot. 1985/86- I was also at Villa park for the 'nine goal thriller' that season

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt Taylor on a tough week

DB9

Matt Taylor on a tough week

He certainly didn't pull any punches or make excuses for Monday's debacle, Some will say he couldn't but time and time again you heat post match interviews and it's like everyone else's fault. Top bloke, but still not a king.