• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor is still King

Ash

Still to be convinced.
And the winner of the Least Surprising Post award goes to........

Pobbop

Tbf if you are not convinced about Taylor before last night, then it surely isn't surprising if you aren't after.

Stick with, hopefully it'll come good, we can't afford to do much else anyway, as one presumes bringing in a new manager and coaching staff will cost money we don't have.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm with Matt all the way.

Banksy

Tbf if you are not convinced about Taylor before last night, then it surely isn't surprising if you aren't after.

Stick with, hopefully it'll come good, we can't afford to do much else anyway, as one presumes bringing in a new manager and coaching staff will cost money we don't have.
Sensible post , very much agree with the last paragraph , we’ll need to look after every penny now. But with the proviso of course that things are reviewed at the end of the coming season. Ultimately though , it will be down to the paying customers who will vote with their feet if we struggle next season or even disappoint yet again at the last hurdle.

Grecianpasty

In this current climate a young (cheap) manager with two years footballing experience, a smattering of success and an emphasis on youth is exactly what we need.

Mind you, next year he will be judged more so than ever. I can see this being our hardest year.

Reactions: GJW

Red Devon

I’m still 110% behind Matt Taylor..he gives fantastic energy, enthusiasm and determination to the job, yes he’s made mistakes but in my mind he’s smart enough to learn from them....Monday evening Matt and everyone else (fans) were completely let down by the majority of the players he picked which I’m sure he won’t forget in a hurry.

geoffwp

Least surprising? Why might that be then I wonder? Maybe you might find any posts I've made critical of Matt Taylor? You'll bleddy struggle to I know that. So go on, tell me what I've said that leads to your morning sarcasm.🤔

Avening Posse

I think getting the crowds back up the way he has is very commendable and speaks volumes. Not an easy thing to do. For a rookie to get close to promotion both seasons is also very good. He has spent more than most putting his team together and I suppose there is an argument the money could have got us promotion, but not for me. Most of the players he has attracted to the club have been decent. I hope he rebuilds next season and I would give him some slack results wise whilst doing so as long as it involves some of the youth gaining proper experience for a big push the season after. Overall 8/10 from me.

elginCity

Matt brought in City's first ever full time S&C coach, and with his own fitness excellence academic background, his ethos and the direction of travel was clear right from the start. For a period under Wiseman it appeared to be paying dividends, the team looked really sharp.

Before the Wembley game, Matt even said "we need speed in our game". I then watched a clearly overweight Sweeney and Maxted, and a midfield that huffed and puffed, unable to support the front two.

Perhaps it was lockdown, or the 120 minutes v Colchester, but whatever it was, I'd thought the days of watching an indulged Logie type waddling around the pitch were long gone. I just hope Matt maintains a strong grip on fitness levels and standards at the club, and they're not allowed to slip further.

AndrewP

The Manager puts the team on the pitch, he doesn't kick the ball. I'm not sure we have fallen again due to any tactical decisions. The team out there was more than good enough and tough enough, they just didnt perform on the night. That's down to them, not him. I still 100% support Matt, he now needs to make those decisions without sentiment to move us on. I am sure he will.