Matt Taylor is still King

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt knows that what he says about the players applies to him too. ‘Players have to look at themselves’. So do managers; it’s no good saying ‘I played the most physical side I could’ without examining whether that was the right way to go. And saying that ‘words are cheap,it’s actions that count’ (about things like Deano apologising for getting sent off) also applies to managers. Words are cheap; it’s results that count.

fortunately MT understands this.

dommers

He certainly didn't pull any punches or make excuses for Monday's debacle, Some will say he couldn't but time and time again you heat post match interviews and it's like everyone else's fault. Top bloke, but still not a king.
I must say that's the first time I've him say he didn't do himself justice rather than just blame players for individual errors. I'd like what he does to change it. Sadly I think it'll be to buy lots more 6ft+ players.

IBA

Two managers in 14 or so seasons and not one sacked shows we don't "Chop and Change" every 1 or 2 seasons and the two managers before them left for other jobs, So 4 managers in 17 odd years, Not bad going I say.
That's what I was trying to say, if you look at our history pre trust, we had a conveyor belt of managers and a huge turnover of players which led to great instability and contributed towards the club almost going out of business. Post 2003 the club appears to have adopted the exact opposite policy. You need understand history before you can understand the present..

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's what I was trying to say, if you look at our history pre trust, we had a conveyor belt of managers and a huge turnover of players which led to great instability and contributed towards the club almost going out of business. Post 2003 the club appears to have adopted the exact opposite policy. You need understand history before you can understand the present..
I know the history but your post sort of said that we can't keep chopping and changing which thank the lord we don't, Anyway IBA, Pete USA has started another thread on MT and i reckon this might get locked before too long otherwise we will be inundated with them! :D (y)