• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor appreciation thread

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whether we win the final or not, Matt Taylor has done a great job this season. Every player has improved under him, and he has given Randell Williams the starring role and got results. If you look at how the squad has been used, we can see how we beat Colchester in extra time who were dead on their feet.

I once was kindly invited to hospitality before a game when we played in League One, actually by the host of this website, as an experience I will never forget. Matt was in the room and I remember seeing him and thinking "this guy has so much presence", like a sudden kind of man crush came over me. I always have the feeling he's destined for great things as a manager.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems like a good time to resurrect this thread. So pleased for our manager; he's always been an outstanding ambassador for our club and now he gets to celebrate the success his hard work has deserved.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you watching Dommers? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

arthur

The Southern League oil tanker seems a very long time ago. He is the complete manager - his tactics, his understanding of the game, his player management and his open and honest communication with fans and media are all hugely impressive. Hats off....

CityTillIDie

Still can’t quite believe my eyes!!!!

dommers

Are you watching Dommers? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Absolutely. Delighted we have got promoted. Can't argue with results, but still don't like the blole, and it feels very different to the previous 3 times that I've known as I fell much less part of the club. Probably as I've now got a life outside football with 2 young kids which is more important.

Last edited:

DB9

Absolutely. Can't argue with results, but still don't like the bloke.
Jeez, What would it take for you to "Like the bloke"? 🙄🙄

dommers

Jeez, What would it take for you to "Like the bloke"? 🙄🙄
Not sure I ever will. But that doesn't mean I don't want the club do well.
It would be a boring world if everyone 'liked' everyone!

fred binneys head

Fair enough, each to their own. Just keep supporting the club and make sure you brainwash those two young kids too!

DB9

True, But your dislike for him will always taint your support for the club because MT is the manager, Representing the club all over the media when interviewed, So in your mind it's "Well done the club" but not "Well done Matt Taylor"? I'm too happy to argue so I'll respect your view but can't agree.