• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

milts

No, there are loads. I honestly have no idea which one you’re referring to.
Surprises me.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprises me.
There are 15 professional teams called United in the football pyramid.

haka

There's only one United. If you mean any of the other teams you need to specify their first name.
There's only one City. If you mean the Manchester one you need to specify their first name.

Ditto, the Uniteds.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A few familiar faces here and also a reminder that we didn't just lose a manager but a whole backroom staff. However. so happy for Matt and his team that the move has worked out well.

Banksy

Now I am a big fan of KMT and keeping Rotherham up may be a formidable achievement but his actual stats in 35 games are

Win 7
Draw 11
Lose 17

Points 32

I don’t think we should get too carried away
Just thinking that myself , he’s hardly set the world alight.

Grecian Max

No, there are loads. I honestly have no idea which one you’re referring to.
FFS 😂

Pedants corner aka Exeweb

Well done Matt Taylor and hoping he can build on this next season by consolidating Rotherham in the Championship.

andrew p long

Now I am a big fan of KMT and keeping Rotherham up may be a formidable achievement but his actual stats in 35 games are

Win 7
Draw 11
Lose 17

Points 32

I don’t think we should get too carried away
Absolutely. Needs to be kept in perspective (though the perspective also includes the upheaval of having the manager and coaching staff ripped out mid season as they departed to Derby).

Antony Moxey

FFS 😂

Pedants corner aka Exeweb
It isn't, is it? I remember a game on TV between MU and West Ham and the idiot summariser kept referring to 'United' - well which one numbnuts, they were both 'United'. From where Matt Taylor's from, there's loads of 'United's in fairly close proximity, he could be a fan of any one of them.

Bridgy 81

When Matt took over at Rotherham last October they were 11th after 10 games.
But those early season positions are often misleading.
For example, at the same time Reading were third and in all likelihood are now about to be relegated and Coventry were bottom and are now in a playoff position.
I think it’s likely that Rotherham will have a fight on their hands to maintain a place in the Championship again next season, but that’s been the case for the last few years anyway as they’ve bounced between it and League One.
Managing in the Championship must be a very difficult task as there are some massive clubs in there with tremendous resources.
Matt has done well, inheriting a side that had started ok, but will have to do even better next season to repeat it.
Mind you the fact that he’s in charge of a club in the Championship for a second year is a brilliant thing.