• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A good read

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, an excellent article. But worrying that it says that MT 'has undone Warne's good work' that players don't like his honest but abrasive assessments (including that 'effort isn't the problem, quality is').

iscalad

Grecian Max

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
When did Souness last manage?
Why is that relevant?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, an excellent article. But worrying that it says that MT 'has undone Warne's good work' that players don't like his honest but abrasive assessments (including that 'effort isn't the problem, quality is').
I think that was an issue for one or two players during his spell at ECFC, too!

However, like with any manager, you will get some that like their approach and some that won't.

Rosencrantz

What is puzzling is that it says they have moved away from a high work rate and high press. This is exactly how Matt got us playing at our best and is his preferred way of playing, a "running team". It seems strange that he would go away from that style of play if they were doing that well before and had players capable of doing it.

As for his honest appraisals, it didn't seem to affect our squad last season who gave everything on the pitch, even when Matt said we lacked quality. That is the advantage though of moulding your own squad. They often say a good team is a reflection of their manager and under Matt we in the main had an honest squad of players who gave everything.

It’s certainly a quandary for Matt Taylor to sort out,will he get the time to put it right,I hope so,but this is football so I have no idea how it will end

Bridgy 81

I see Rotherham have signed former Cardiff City centre back Sean Morrison today.
He injured his knee in February 2022 and hasn’t played a competitive match since then.
Sounds familiar.

Alfie 1966

I see Rotherham have signed former Cardiff City centre back Sean Morrison today.
He injured his knee in February 2022 and hasn’t played a competitive match since then.
Sounds familiar.
3 weeks and he will be available for selection , just as S.S was for the City !!!