• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

SaintJames

I think the opposite, I think Jev is at the stage of his career where he will want to earn as much as he possibly can, even if that means sitting on the bench every week.
The decision I feel for Jev is will he leave in January assuming Rotherham can meet a fee and take the risk that Taylor will still be there or wait till the end of the season for the numerous offers he will get. Personally I feel Jevani will find there are a number of clubs at L1 level who can probably pay more than Rotherham do. If however the major objective is to test himself at Championship level he will go to Rotherham as I cant see any other clubs at that level bidding for a 28 year old with no experience of playing at that level.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
RE: Taylor I don't think he has what it takes tactically at that level. Did a good job with us but it's a big leap and was always the risk when leaving City as he could have stayed another 5 years if he wanted to. His straightforward style should mean he will be solid at League 1/2 you'd think.
Totally agree but sometimes an opportunity comes along that you feel you have to take while your stock is high. I did it myself, mainly because I was flattered to get the chance. As It happened I failed, but would have kicked myself if I hadn't taken it.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why keep posting about a former manager? Move on FFS
Why look at a thread which is clearly about a former manager, never mind posting on it, if you're not interested in engaging in that discussion?!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why keep reading and writing about something you're not interested in?

Different people are interested in different things and just because you're not interested in a topic shouldn't mean others can't discuss it.

AndyR

The decision I feel for Jev is will he leave in January assuming Rotherham can meet a fee and take the risk that Taylor will still be there or wait till the end of the season for the numerous offers he will get. Personally I feel Jevani will find there are a number of clubs at L1 level who can probably pay more than Rotherham do. If however the major objective is to test himself at Championship level he will go to Rotherham as I cant see any other clubs at that level bidding for a 28 year old with no experience of playing at that level.
Having looked at the Rotherham forum Millers Mad, it doesn't look like MT is going to be paying any fees in January:

"Taylor has said he wants to strengthen the wide areas in January but has also said we will only be looking at loans so it will be interesting to see what all that means."
and
"We've been scouting the Dutch, Belgian and non leagues for new signings apparently, yet he then says loan signings only in January.
He's expressed an interest in Javani Brown at Exeter but won't pursue this until the summer. He obviously knows the player and what he offers so he either doesn't think he's good enough to bolster our shot shy attack or he doesn't want to derail his former clubs assault on getting into the play offs. There is and should be no sentiment in football, If he's good enough go get him."

I loved the reference to our assault on getting into the Play-Offs! Somewhat deluded I feel but then they are probably more focused on their own plummeting league position at the moment.

Average Joe

Maybe you should post this on Rotherhams forum as most of us don't really care.
If you don't care then why comment on it? You have spent your own valuable time clicking onto a post that you do not care about to then reading the comments about a post you do not care about and then typing and posting that you do not care..

If you are that bored, why don't you do something that entertains you.

Back on topic..

I think MT will be given time, he's not had a transfer window yet, same as our very own manager. Implementing ideas with someone else's team is very difficult.

Bridgy 81

I think Matt’s done ok since he moved to Rotherham.
By my calculations he’s had 12 league games and won 3, drawn 3 and lost 6.
That’s currently averaging a point a game, which if extended through a whole season would have been 9 points above the relegation zone last year.
Which isn’t too shabby for Rotherham.
Matt’s wins have also included away ones at Stoke and Sheffield United.
All that achieved with (what others have said elsewhere on threads about Gary Caldwell) an inherited squad and no opportunity yet to bring in any new players he wants or ship any out that he doesn’t.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. See also..

Etc

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you don't care then why comment on it? You have spent your own valuable time clicking onto a post that you do not care about to then reading the comments about a post you do not care about and then typing and posting that you do not care..

If you are that bored, why don't you do something that entertains you.

Back on topic..

I think MT will be given time, he's not had a transfer window yet, same as our very own manager. Implementing ideas with someone else's team is very difficult.
I'll comment on whatever I want thankyou very much and not be told what I can and cannot do by idiots like you. Thanks for your time.

Average Joe

I'll comment on whatever I want thankyou very much and not be told what I can and cannot do by idiots like you. Thanks for your time.
oh I didn’t tell you not to post, I asked you a question. You are a pest aren’t you :)