• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - 2 Years As ECFC Manager...

dommers

Or it is a manager making clear to the players the job he wants them to do and the standards that are expected.
I think it's exactly this although the problem is when they don't he can't drop them as the replacement player's are worse. I think he needs to be a much better at man management if he is to ever suceed as a manager. I'll be interested to see how many of our out of contract that we offer contract to actually stay. I can see Taylor, Ward, Williams and Bowman (although I think he might have another year) all leaving.

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it's exactly this although the problem is when they don't he can't drop them as the replacement player's are worse.
Which is why recruitment this summer is key. We need players who can do the job he wants and to those standards. It's what every manager is after.

fred binneys head

I’m a big fan of MT. Of course I’m gutted to have missed out on promotion this year, but when people say “would you trust him with a transfer kitty?”, my answer is a strong “yes”.

Get the pitch sorted, get the right players in to supplement the fantastic youth products we have, have a proper break and then a proper pre-season and we go again. I’m confident of promotion next season.

ryancooper327

Maybe we could have MT up to Christmas and then another manager take over for the second half. Repeat until we win the Champions League. Easy.

dommers

Which is why recruitment this summer is key. We need players who can do the job he wants and to those standards. It's what every manager is after.
An awful lots of player are his signings so should be up to his standards or may be he's not a good judge of a player. When you're stuck with them for the season you've got to find a way to get more out of the them, rather than criticise at the first sign of them doing something wrong. Personally I think a lot of signing have been good players but we've been let down by a lack of tactical nous and poor substitutions.

Rosencrantz

An awful lots of player are his signings so should be up to his standards or may be he's not a good judge of a player. When you're stuck with them for the season you've got to find a way to get more out of the them, rather than criticise at the first sign of them doing something wrong. Personally I think a lot of signing have been good players but we've been let down by a lack of tactical nous and poor substitutions.
Maybe some players need to show more character when being challenged and prove a point. Whatever happens this summer, Sweenz has done that this season.

We were a bit short of what we needed to be where we wanted to be this season. We weren't a long way away. Everyone will need to find that bit more.

geoffwp

I’m a big fan of MT. Of course I’m gutted to have missed out on promotion this year, but when people say “would you trust him with a transfer kitty?”, my answer is a strong “yes”.

Get the pitch sorted, get the right players in to supplement the fantastic youth products we have, have a proper break and then a proper pre-season and we go again. I’m confident of promotion next season.

geoffwp

That was just supposed to be a like. Bleddy exeweb on bleddy mobile phone!!🤬

DB9

That was just supposed to be a like. Bleddy exeweb on bleddy mobile phone!!🤬
Geoff, Admit it mate, Like me, You're too much of an old git to do modern techy stuff! :ROFLMAO:

tonykellowfan

You have to remember that the manager's signings are constrained by the club's finances. He simply cannot sign who he wants, he has to work within the parameters set for him by the club.