• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - 2 Years As ECFC Manager...

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cooper in ? You are totally bonkers mate, his record at getting the Vegans promoted to League One is worse than King Matt's, even with the Millions annually invested by Mr "Peckham Spring" Ecotricity ! :ROFLMAO:

No, not saying Cooper in but rather asking how long MT's contract is...?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, not saying Cooper in but rather asking how long MT's contract is...?
At a guess, probably a one year roller.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
At a guess, probably a one year roller.
Well if correct then its in line with no stated plan of what the club's ambitions are going forward for the next 2, 3 or 5 years

Colesman Ballz

Well if correct then its in line with no stated plan of what the club's ambitions are going forward for the next 2, 3 or 5 years
The Club Chairman has clearly stated what the Club's ambitions are ! Perhaps you were turning your "deaf ear" to it at the time ? :unsure:

Legohead

Banned
Its NOT a fekkin fan run club. How many bloody times do people have to explain it to you Lego. 🤯
Thought you were supposed to be the calm one Geoff? ;)

Trust run then? I dunno do i? I was under the impression that the trust members had the opportunity to vote on key decisions at the club, such as do we want to spunk £100k away on a scoreboard or not? Key decisions like this which obviously hasn't happened and doesn't appear to be happening.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's the Club Charter:

Which t from my reading of it would seem to focus on the academy and how the club is run but not about points on the board, promotion etc.

Then there is Matt Taylor stating this:

"It might not happen this season, it might not happen next season, but we are trying to build towards something and this group of players excites me."

... from September 2019

The Club Chairman very afraid:

....from November 2019

Not much sign of a successor to the five-year plan that propelled us into League One though

Last edited:

simcity

I’d like to see the club coming out and putting a 1/3/5 year plan for the first team on the table which allow the fans & Trust members to judge the manager and players on.

By end of year 1 - get back into the play offs
By end of year 3 - promotion to L1
By end of year 5 - become an established mid table L1 club

Expectations would be managed so much better in July last year if the club had come out and said we’re looking to finish top half, bed in the younger lads then invest and push on for promotion next season when things begin to return normal again.

geoffwp

Thought you were supposed to be the calm one Geoff? ;)

Trust run then? I dunno do i? I was under the impression that the trust members had the opportunity to vote on key decisions at the club, such as do we want to spunk £100k away on a scoreboard or not? Key decisions like this which obviously hasn't happened and doesn't appear to be happening.
I'm so calm I'm horizontal Lego.

DB9

I'm so calm I'm horizontal Lego.
Geoff's like Dylan Lego, The rabbit from The Magic Roundabout, Nothing much fazes him and he chills through life. :)

Legohead

Banned
Geoff's like Dylan Lego, The rabbit from The Magic Roundabout, Nothing much fazes him and he chills through life. :)
It is the best way to be. Expect nothing. Demand nothing of anyone and happiness is almost guaranteed.