• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - 2 Years As ECFC Manager...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Name a safer job in management in professional football?
The Harrogate Town job seems to be pretty safe as the manager is the owner's son.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know, everyone thought we'd get a better manager
"Everyone" ?
"A better manager". Who?
And what do you think of Tizzer's recent managerial episodes at MKD and Bristol, achieving very long losing streaks at both clubs before getting the boot?

DB9

No one thought that, What we got is a different manager, One who treated the fans with respect and got that respect back, Also an honest approach to games. Remember dommers it was your Messiah that decided to leave. This season if we go up I'll be estatic but if we just miss out so what? We were told (And I've said this time and time again) this was a transitional season, MT said it and on here back in August people said they'd be happy with mid to upper mid table. I believe because are in touching distance of play offs and even autos people's expectations rise and when we lose like yesterday (Which was dire imho) we over react. It is perfectly natural. There are still plenty of points to play for so lets see, After 46 games the table doesn't lie, It wont be because of injuries, bad refs, luck etc, We will be where we deserved to be.

The only thing that concerns me are 3 red cards in as many games, If the club didn't appeal them or they weren't recinded then i think we need to keep an eye on that, Can't be doing without players for stupid, red mist things.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Paul Tisdale is a league 1 laughing stock.

Reactions: DB9

fred binneys head

I regret that KMT sounded rather like the Cheese in those post match comments. Bizarre stuff.
Didn’t sound like that to me. He said the game was low on quality, the crosses into the box weren’t good enough, Parkes made a bad tackle and gave the referee an opportunity to give him a red card, the players thought it wasn’t a penalty, lots of that can’t be argued with.

He didn’t say “....and Alex Fisher was an utter waste of a shirt for which I apologise” but other than that, he was OK.

fred binneys head

We did.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was carp in every aspect today MT...two home games coming up within FOUR days of each other, no need to rotate unless they’re injuries and Bowman will be back Saturday, we need six points so pick our strongest available team for both.
Bowman is still suspended on Saturday.

I wonder how much other L2 teams are being rotated compared to us? Page was always going to be given yesterday off but I was a tad surprised we changed it up so much.

That said, the pitches and the travelling at the moment will sap the energy of the squad so Taylor obviously feels we need to keep things as fresh as possible. Big two home games coming up.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did we? Like who? I mean who did ‘we’ seriously think would be coming in that would be much better?

Oliver

I wonder how much other L2 teams are being rotated compared to us? Page was always going to be given yesterday off but I was a tad surprised we changed it up so much.

That said, the pitches and the travelling at the moment will sap the energy of the squad so Taylor obviously feels we need to keep things as fresh as possible. Big two home games coming up.
I think Bowman is back on saturday having served his 3 games against Colchester,Crawley and Walsall.

Colesman Ballz

Rubbish ! He has already served two of three games he is suspended for, Tuesday v Walsall will be the third.