• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - 2 Years As ECFC Manager...

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
So easy to forget that this is MT's first role. The football we are playing now in his third season (after 2 respectable ones) is just superb to watch. I really hope he can get the promotion on his CV that he deserves, I still think we were robbed a bit last year with 9 to go and a sell out Devon derby in the balance.

RE: a new CF - I reckon he will go for someone in Jan. Wouldn't be surprised to see Seymour go back on loan for minutes either, would like to see that happen at Conference level if possible.
Weymouth, have a need and are now at the level that should test our better squad players and would be an obvious outlet. The reality is that if they perform at Conference level they should be in our matchday squad..there's not a lot of difference between the two leagues.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moreover, it's the type of game he described as wanting us to play from his first interview.
He's stuck to it - great stuff.
Yes, he wanted us to play a running game, we are certainly becoming much more suited to a high energy pressing style of game, it's much better to watch !

Pete Martin (CTID)

In my opinion the style of football we are playing now is real gold standard for the spectator. Even when we lose it's usually a joy to behold. So much better than the last 4-5 years under the previous management. Long may it continue.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weymouth, have a need and are now at the level that should test our better squad players and would be an obvious outlet. The reality is that if they perform at Conference level they should be in our matchday squad..there's not a lot of difference between the two leagues.
As a club we have always been reluctant to loan young players to other professional clubs (particularly in the Conference) due to the requirement for those players to train full time with those clubs. I suspect this is a likely reason we will not see any of our players play at that level. Could see one or two fringe players leaving permanently for Conference teams though.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a club we have always been reluctant to loan young players to other professional clubs (particularly in the Conference) due to the requirement for those players to train full time with those clubs. I suspect this is a likely reason we will not see any of our players play at that level. Could see one or two fringe players leaving permanently for Conference teams though.
Keeping loaned players training with us probably explains why we can chop and change so well when required. UTC

Red Devon

I reckon he will go for someone in Jan.
He made a strong hint at this in a recent interview.

Grecian Max

He made a strong hint at this in a recent interview.
Did he? What did he say?

Red Devon

Did he? What did he say?
Something about asking the board for support if we are in touch with the promotion race come January.

dontpassback

Every interview Matt does after a game always oozes the need that he wants to do better,we are going 8n the right direction and while he isn’t perfect,I am very happy that he is our manager and hopefully will continue to be so.we are playing some good football and the young players coming through are making us good to watch.

Ash

With some of our key performers from last season finding form in the last few games, I'm thinking Bowman, Williams, Law and Sparkes in particular, the need for new signings might not seem as urgent as it did previously. Nevertheless, I hope we do enter the market and I still think that CB and CF are the priorities. I like Parkes. Sweeney is playing well right now too but I'm not entirely convinced by McCardle yet. Hartridge and Dean have also looked up to the job when called upon but despite all that, I still think we'd do well to find a player to put real pressure on those players to keep their performance levels high. Bowman is back! If he keeps it up and stays fit then we're ok, but those are fairly big 'ifs'. The backup options haven't made a real case to be used from the start and if the big man was out for a while, it could really affect our promotion charge. Someone who can share the load would be perfect. There's gotta be someone who's not getting the games they think they should be getting. Mario Mandzukic is still a free agent, he'd probably do a job for us ;) :ROFLMAO:
And finally if there are any doubts over the fitness of Ward or Maxted come January, we should obviously be on the blower to Reading again, Jokkul was class for a 19 year old who had never played a first team match before joining us. Destined for better things I imagine, but for now I'd have him back in heartbeat.
As for Matty T, he looks to be joining Joel & Josh on the list of people we should enjoy while they last, as they may not be with us all that long, sadly.