• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Jay

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder who the other unnamed City player on that table is ? :unsure:

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing Joel Randall.

jimbo-gould

I enquired with the person who posted the tweet originally. It’s Ryan Bowman.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So then, we know Jay has recently signed a new contract however there could be interest in the summer due to the stats he has racked up this season.

He is currently one of the top scorers in the league with 14 goals in 29 games, he also has 5 assists.

What would people value him at ?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
So then, we know Jay has recently signed a new contract however there could be interest in the summer due to the stats he has racked up this season.

He is currently one of the top scorers in the league with 14 goals in 29 games, he also has 5 assists.

What would people value him at ?
I was astonished with his goals scored v games this season stat when I heard it yesterday. Very impressive, I agree that we are going to be fielding some interesting in the summer.
Value wise I have no idea.

ECFC89

Can’t wait for some insane valuations.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Difficult to put a price on MJ. His lack of height doesn’t seem to inhibit him in any way whatsoever, but it might deter clubs higher up the pyramid. Fortunately, we’re not in a position where we need to sell, so, as things stand, this isn’t an issue.

Indeed, perhaps MJ will become a one-club man, a la James Coppinger at Doncaster, and go on to play for us across the divisions. Who knows, in 15 years‘ time perhaps we’ll be turning out in a special commemorative third kit designed by Matt to commemorate his two decades at the club!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I could see clubs in league 1 being interested but no higher.

He seems very happy at ECFC, as you say Egg he could be with us for years.

budegrecian

Difficult to put a price on MJ. His lack of height doesn’t seem to inhibit him in any way whatsoever, but it might deter clubs higher up the pyramid. Fortunately, we’re not in a position where we need to sell, so, as things stand, this isn’t an issue.

Indeed, perhaps MJ will become a one-club man, a la James Coppinger at Doncaster, and go on to play for us across the divisions. Who knows, in 15 years‘ time perhaps we’ll be turning out in a special commemorative third kit designed by Matt to commemorate his two decades at the club!
I understand what you mean, but James Coppinger played for us & we got him from Newcastle, so technically he isn't a one club man.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I understand what you mean, but James Coppinger played for us & we got him from Newcastle, so technically he isn't a one club man.
I realize this. FWIW, he also had a spell at Forest [though not sure he ever made a start] however, as you said, you know what I meant!