Matt Jay

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Weird season for our captain. Was great in a slightly different way for the first half but now can’t even get off the bench in a 6 pointer with a kid in midfield and Dieng pushed forward.

He’s gone completely off the boil that much is clear, fair play to Taylor for making the hard decision. Really hope he gets his form back, there’s no othe player like him in the division when he’s firing.

grecIAN Harris

Weird season for our captain. Was great in a slightly different way for the first half but now can’t even get off the bench in a 6 pointer with a kid in midfield and Dieng pushed forward.

He’s gone completely off the boil that much is clear, fair play to Taylor for making the hard decision. Really hope he gets his form back, there’s no othe player like him in the division when he’s firing.
The reasons are not hard to work out. Last season, and even at the start of this, he played as a Number 10. He has been usurped by Jevnai in that position and is now playing in a proper midfield role where he doesn't get the space or time to do what he was doing in that pocket behind the main striker.

Grecianpasty

I think he will really benefit from having a couple weeks off. For long periods of this and last season, the weight has been put on his shoulders. Yes, this is a poor patch for him, but there's so much quality there. I have full faith that he will come back stronger, because he's far too good for this league.

Red Devon

Hoping MJ will be back for Carlisle….we need our most likely goal scorers on the pitch.

denzel

Well-known Exeweb poster
He will definitely have a part to play in the run in. Could even be back ahead of Rowe for the next game.
Nigel is also back.....

Martin Lawrence

The reasons are not hard to work out. Last season, and even at the start of this, he played as a Number 10. He has been usurped by Jevnai in that position and is now playing in a proper midfield role where he doesn't get the space or time to do what he was doing in that pocket behind the main striker.
I tend to agree with this. I also think that losing Nombe hasn't helped him. Often Nombe will stretch defenders, which creates space for Jevanni and MJ. That isn't now happening as readily as before.

In terms of MJ, I still think he brings a hell of a lot to our team. His running stats are immense, which is probably why he has looked jaded recently.