• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Jay

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The boy from Torbay is now joint top scorer in the division

Red Bill

Or as I like to think of him, the boy from my old school! (sorry but no one ever did anything of note when I was there in the 70s! :ROFLMAO: )

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
City will be lucky to hang on to him in the January window

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
An article on Matty Jay and his aspirations for this season in DevonLive https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/matt-jay-exeter-city-journey-6111752

Banksy

An article on Matty Jay and his aspirations for this season in DevonLive https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/matt-jay-exeter-city-journey-6111752
Thanks for the link.Sadly, I gave up trying to read it halfway through after being deluged with pop up ads trying to load. There seem to be dozens of them accompanying any report from that rag.

scottus86

But should be dropped for Amond according to some🙄

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
But should be dropped for Amond according to some🙄
I totally get the argument for playing Amond up top with Nombe. We're in the same situation we were with Stockley - guaranteed 20+ goals if we create the right chances for him. I think Nombe stands a better chance of scoring with another player alongside him that wants to stay central. If MT wants to go that way then the (quality) problem MT has is finding a way of fitting MJ in but not taking anything away from MJ's game.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't know he was from Torbados. Luckily he ended up with us and not the chip nickers

scottus86

I totally get the argument for playing Amond up top with Nombe. We're in the same situation we were with Stockley - guaranteed 20+ goals if we create the right chances for him. I think Nombe stands a better chance of scoring with another player alongside him that wants to stay central. If MT wants to go that way then the (quality) problem MT has is finding a way of fitting MJ in but not taking anything away from MJ's game.
When you have two players almost scoring in every game for 7 consecutive games, I'm not sure there's a need to change that formula. If teams figure it out and they both stop scoring, fine.

geoffwp

Well if that happens we are in for a poor season I know I will upset a lot of people on here but don’t rate him never have let’s hope he proves me wrong and is not a one season wonder
Not a patch on Nicky law
😅🤣😂🤣😅