• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Jay

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
a thread with which to merge today's new thread of the same title...

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we should have two threads on MJ, one for his left foot and one for his right, since both are used so well

Spoonz Red E

I think we should have two threads on MJ, one for his left foot and one for his right, since both are used so well
Do that and he'll end up running this website.

Langer

I don’t normally rate small guys in league 2 but I have been proven wrong on this one slowly becoming one of my favourite players.Great attacking intensity

Red Devon

I don’t normally rate small guys in league 2 but I have been proven wrong on this one slowly becoming one of my favourite players.
We’re probably struggling to keep hold of him, he’s looking comfortably above League Two level.

Banksy

He’s becoming Super Matt to me.Different positions and situations I know but what a contrast to young Seymour.

fred binneys head

He’s becoming Super Matt to me.Different positions and situations I know but what a contrast to young Seymour.
He was similar at Seymour’s age, maybe we should support Seymour and see how he develops? He’ll probably get to MJ’s level sooner.

Colesman Ballz

It really irks me that over a period of years, we have had posters saying that Jay was "never going to make it", "get rid" etc, etc. Now they love him. Yet we now have Seymour, and everyone is being quick to write him off too. He may or may not "make it", only time will tell, but just like Jay, the coaching staff seem to have faith in him so perhaps it is time for our supporters to take a long hard look at themselves !

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone know his contract situation? Would be gutted to lose him for nothing in the summer!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It really irks me that over a period of years, we have had posters saying that Jay was "never going to make it", "get rid" etc, etc. Now they love him. Yet we now have Seymour, and everyone is being quick to write him off too. He may or may not "make it", only time will tell, but just like Jay, the coaching staff seem to have faith in him so perhaps it is time for our supporters to take a long hard look at themselves !
Then again, there are those who always thought that MJ looked like he had something but, sadly, just don't see the same in Seymour.

In any case, if some of us are proven to be wrong about Seymour then all well and good, but I really don't see the issue with discussing what we think of Exeter City players on an Exeter City forum.