• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matchday thread titles

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Note to whoever starts the next one. Please remember that the precise title is very important and should not be tinkered with. It's now 1pt from 6 for the 'real' and it's performance has not been acceptable. Calling it the MDT just makes is worse judging by today. There's no point in me wearing my lucky matchday pants if the title is fecked up.These things matter.

Alistair20000

Wot he said.

fred binneys head

Thirded. This is one of the biggest problems with the club.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Fully agree, Geoff wearing his MDP and me wearing my lucky socks are just a waste of time.

IndoMike

Note to whoever starts the next one. Please remember that the precise title is very important and should not be tinkered with. It's now 1pt from 6 for the 'real' and it's performance has not been acceptable. Calling it the MDT just makes is worse judging by today. There's no point in me wearing my lucky matchday pants if the title is fecked up.These things matter.
I agree entirely. It is a disgrace that some posters (I shall not name them here) have the audacity to fark around with this venereal (sorry sp mistake : "venerable" ) thread. For those of us who live in isolated parts of the world such as the jungle or Stoke Hill the Matchday Thread is an invaluable source of information which allows us to follow the match with clarity and with minute by minute updates. Don't mess with this indispensable thread !!

Last edited:

fred binneys head

This is the problem with inclusivity - everyone thinks they can join in. I think we should have a rule that the only people who can start a MDT are those with a 1st class degree in English from a red brick university.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is the problem with inclusivity - everyone thinks they can join in. I think we should have a rule that the only people who can start a MDT are those with a 1st class degree in English from a red brick university.
I would expect that these degree courses would have a module on Exeweb server time. A tricky beast at times.

IndoMike

I would expect that these degree courses would have a module on Exeweb server time. A tricky beast at times.
I did do my infamous and highly educational English grammar test many years ago but was hounded off the website for at least 20 minutes by a gang of rogue ex-punk rockers.. I'm afraid Spanky would not countenance a repeat performance : I would surely get a damn good thrashing. But as I say ; if you profess to love your country shouldn't you love your language and treat it with tender, loving care?

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the risk of sounding like Ronnie Corbett I have 4 "O" levels and HGV1 hence I have never started a match day thread.

I know my place.

rifraf

Not sure about all this fuss...…...?

I used to be superstitious but, touch wood, I got over it.