• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Match Off

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seen the weather forecast for Carlisle on tuesday, heavy snow according to BBC
Yep I guess a decision will have to be made on this one tomorrow before the team set off

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
Pitch has been given the all clear by the ref but did say the away end needs to flattened down a bit due to it being rolled up in the tube
2 of the floodlights are out but hopeful of an early k/o, Both teams have arrived safely and warming up as we speak crowd isnt brilliant would estimate 5 so far but the bar is open and plenty of turkey sandwiches to go round
Does this game get a matchday thread?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ill be staying in today with a bottle of this I've been saving to keep me warm........

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/selection/glenfiddich_1937_64_yo_whisky.aspx

Nice one...

FAN-TATIC

Is the "Man Upstairs" taking the ****?

I give up two mornings to go to SJP to help clear the snow and the ice (along with other fans). We get it to a stage that there is every likelihood that the match will go ahead and he, the "Man Upstairs" decides to deliver the lowest overnight temperatures to Exeter that we have had in decades, causing the match to be off!

About five minutes ago my wife takes a 'phone call from my daughter who lives in London, informing us that she is heading southwest with our two young grandaughters because they want to see nanny and granddad (nice, very nice).

However, my wife tells me, "seeing that the match is off, you can go out and clear the drive of snow and ice so Louisa (my daughter) will have somewhere to park her car." Now I can't say "don't be bloody ridiculous, it's freezing out there" can I.

If this isn't an elongated **** taking exercise by the " Man Upstairs" I don't know what is.

Bloody hell I've got to go, the wife's just walked in the house with me shovel, coat, hat and gloves in her hands!

Enjoy you day guys and dolls!

Mackster

Yep I guess a decision will have to be made on this one tomorrow before the team set off
I don't think a decision will be made as its only possible to call it when snow is on the ground. A forecast predicting heavy snow will not be good enough to postpone the game early. So with snow due on the day, who is mad enough to attempt the trip?

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
So with snow due on the day, who is mad enough to attempt the trip?
That would be me then! :D

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

So with snow due on the day, who is mad enough to attempt the trip?

Rog H K

Nice one Roger.....Good to see that wonderful old stand again...I bet it has now long gone..
Yep. Long gone now 1995?.
(Bit like the asbestos roof of their toilet block in the away end when some one ;) in 1996 refused to be locked out, but thats another story).

thermopylai

Seriously gutted.

Am only in the country for 2 weeks and was looking forward to this one - was going to take the girlfriend to her first City game. Absolute bolox.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pitch has been given the all clear by the ref but did say the away end needs to flattened down a bit due to it being rolled up in the tube
2 of the floodlights are out but hopeful of an early k/o, Both teams have arrived safely and warming up as we speak crowd isnt brilliant would estimate 5 so far but the bar is open and plenty of turkey sandwiches to go round
What times the kick off ?

What colours are we wearing ?

Where can I get a ticket ?

Anybody going that can post some updates ?

And where's the friggin matchday thread ?