• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mason Greenwood Verdict

Leads

I listened to the audio footage that was knocking about at the time and to be honest wished I hadn't, unbelievably grim stuff.

I think many clubs would be unwilling/uneasy to sign him but I'm sure things will die down in due time he will end up somewhere.

CityTillIDie

Can only imagine the chants and songs if he does revive his career.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Makes no difference to me.

Our criminal law has a presumption of innocence until a guilty plea is entered or a guilty verdict delivered by the jury in the Court. The suspension of the payer in the interim cuts across that fundamental principle.
It doesn’t. Perhaps he was suspended to protect him - imagine the abuse he would have got had he been available for selection. And not just from the crowds, but on line too, and especially as he’s black. The internet really doesn’t like black footballers who aren’t a paragon of virtue and don‘t have a perfect playing career. If it was on full pay, for the duration of the case, it was probably the best for everyone, including Greenwood.

Alistair20000

It doesn’t. Perhaps he was suspended to protect him - imagine the abuse he would have got had he been available for selection. And not just from the crowds, but on line too, and especially as he’s black. The internet really doesn’t like black footballers who aren’t a paragon of virtue and don‘t have a perfect playing career. If it was on full pay, for the duration of the case, it was probably the best for everyone, including Greenwood.
The law presumes innocence but maybe the internet or rather some posters do not.

If Greenwood was happy with that decision to be suspended on full pay so be it.

Thomas Partey is still playing for Arsenal despite some rape allegations and gets some moronic abuse but I don’t know if he has the been charged.

Alistair20000

Can only imagine the chants and songs if he does revive his career.
The chanters need to take a look at themselves in the mirror in that case

Grecian68

The chanters need to take a look at themselves in the mirror in that case
So any Grecians never sang a song to any of the Scum players including BWP and McCormick?
It’s always going to happen

Alistair20000

So any Grecians never sang a song to any of the Scum players including BWP and McCormick?
It’s always going to happen
Does not mean the rest of us approve of the chants.

Grecian68

Does not mean the rest of us approve of the chants.
True, but it’ll happen if someone takes a chance on him

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
United had no choice but to not play him whilst the investigation was underway. It would have put extreme pressure from many angles on the club, and been a massive distraction for both the player and the team on what they were trying to achieve.

I read earlier today that all charges had been dropped after new evidence came to light. He should now be free to play for club and Country again. Whether he can get his career back on track remains to be seen.

tonykellowfan

I have connections in Manchester and what I have heard is that he is back with the young woman who made the original accusations and she has of course now backtracked and is refusing to co-operate.

You can get a hint of that in the statement made yesterday.