• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Martin Ling

Sacked by Torquay (quite harshly in my opinion,) would any of you take him over Tisdale? Remember reading somewhere that one of the Torquay players said he was the best man manager they'd ever had.

Rog H K

Best wishes to him but No.

FAN-TATIC

Possibly more to this than meets the eye. I wouldn't rush to judge anyone just yet.

denzil

Treated shabbily I think !!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought he was seriously ill; Has he made a full recovery?

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Treated shabbily I think !!
Yep - unless there is more to it I am reminded of when Stabby Backlroy took over temporarily at Morecambe as Jim Harvey was sick and then the club decided they would prefer to have him anyway. Does not reflect at all well on Torquay but as the cliche goes there is no room for sentiment.....

....and it could be worse. As I recall Southampton sacked Dave Jones after he was cleared of sexual abuse.

Grecian1966

Possibly more to this than meets the eye. I wouldn't rush to judge anyone just yet.
Quite agree things are very rarely as black and white as some may imagine.

FAN-TATIC

I thought he was seriously ill; Has he made a full recovery?
Referred to today as a 'stress related' illness Pete. I may well be wrong, but was it not reported when he first took sick leave that his illness was of a debilitating nature.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No. Given the true nature of his illness (I'm sure someone mentioned it on Banter Base) it would not be a good idea for some time. Long road to recovery to Martin, indeed even if his has started on that road.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
No. Given the true nature of his illness (I'm sure someone mentioned it on Banter Base) it would not be a good idea for some time. Long road to recovery to Martin, indeed even if his has started on that road.
His son said on Twitter he's 100 per cent recovered and was raring to go. Reportedly very upset by today's developments.