• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Marcus Haber

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We did when we had Noone. Unfortunately Argyle wanted him back.
so why havent we got someone to do the same job since ? because when we had him we played the best football of the season weve played and got results...

funny that.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Ok as we are chucking names about I would even chance one of the youngsters in the team, even if he just came of the bench for some experience Elliott Frear would be worth a punt. I rated him at reserves games and after speaking to a certain other ecfc lady she thinks the same. Granted he is still very young
Thoughts??
Frear has been superb for Tivvy by all accounts , big jump mind and he lacks any experience at all , and in a relegation fight its a big ask for a kid...

Grecian2K

Ok as we are chucking names about I would even chance one of the youngsters in the team, even if he just came of the bench for some experience Elliott Frear would be worth a punt. I rated him at reserves games and after speaking to a certain other ecfc lady she thinks the same. Granted he is still very young
Thoughts??
Big opportunity, but big risk as well....
.....could be the making or (at this level) could destroy him as well.

Names like Tony Frankland and Ben Rowe from our last dalliance at this level spring to mind :(

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Frear has been superb for Tivvy by all accounts , big jump mind and he lacks any experience at all , and in a relegation fight its a big ask for a kid...
Granted Creds but he has the pace don't you think, might be the fresh legs as a sub

I realise not many will agree but I would give him a go ( Just and opinion ;))

Antony Moxey

so why havent we got someone to do the same job since ?
Perhaps we've tried but couldn't get them? I imagine Tis might quite like Rooney, Messi and Ronaldo too but that don't make it so that he'll get them.

Just because a certain type of player isn't here doesn't mean we haven't tried to land such a player.

PeteUSA

Just because a certain type of player isn't here doesn't mean we haven't tried to land such a player.
Unfortunately I think Tis put all his eggs in one basket, when he succesfully negotiated terms to get Fleetwood in for the season. I believe he's probably our second highest earner (Stewart being our highest), and that Tis has been totally let down by a player who's only proven goalscoring success was in the Conference.

Everybody wanted him though, so Tis obliged. Now Fleetwood sits on his ass for most games, while his bank account is increased each week by two grand from us alone!

I think PT blew the budget he was given by getting Fleetwood in, and has been seriously let down by a player we thought could offer so much more.

Bittners a Legend

Unfortunately I think Tis put all his eggs in one basket, when he succesfully negotiated terms to get Fleetwood in for the season. I believe he's probably our second highest earner (Stewart being our highest), and that Tis has been totally let down by a player who's only proven goalscoring success was in the Conference.

Everybody wanted him though, so Tis obliged. Now Fleetwood sits on his ass for most games, while his bank account is increased each week by two grand from us alone!

I think PT blew the budget he was given by getting Fleetwood in, and has been seriously let down by a player we thought could offer so much more.
....except that since we signed SF we've brought Friend, Noone, Noble, Jansson, Troy, Haber to the club ... thus blowing your theory out of the window.

Incidentally, other than Exeweb speculation where do you get this idea that we are paying £2k a week for Fleetwood or that Marcus Stewart earns more?

PeteUSA

....except that since we signed SF we've brought Friend, Noone, Noble, Jansson, Troy, Haber to the club ... thus blowing your theory out of the window.

Incidentally, other than Exeweb speculation where do you get this idea that we are paying £2k a week for Fleetwood or that Marcus Stewart earns more?
Okay, just for you mind (cos your questionaires generally **** me off), all the players you've mentioned are/were loan players. I admit, I dont know what the deal is with Noble or Haber, but I still maintain the signing of Fleetwood meant Tis had to scrape the bottom of the barrell looking for players he could afford.

I cant confirm my source, but Fleetwood and Stewart are our two highest earners by a country mile, although I dont know in which order.

While I'm at it, I know our goalkeepers are a subject close to your heart. Please therefore dont misunderstand me when I say: WE NEED A GOOD ONE AS A MATTER OF URGENCY!

Antony Moxey

all the players you've mentioned are/were loan players.

While I'm at it, I know our goalkeepers are a subject close to your heart. Please therefore dont misunderstand me when I say: WE NEED A GOOD ONE AS A MATTER OF URGENCY!
Troy was our first transfer fee paid in years I believe.

As for your second point: oh dear, here we go again...

zzzzz

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was informed that Fleetwood left FGR for Charlton on 4k a year, and when we FIRST took him on loan agreed to pay half of it.

Bear in mind that at the end of last season Steve Basham was released, now I can only surmise what Bashams weekly wage was, but guess it must have been in the region of £1500, in which case it went along way into the funding of Fleetwood.