• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

March 2023 Points Prediction Thread

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done Harris , ten points, who’d have thought that great result to finish. Great haul this month , watch out greenies here we come.

andrew p long

OFFICIAL RESULT

The Committee has pored anxiously over the workings late into the night and has found it a very difficult task to pick a winner

These 8 entries with 10 points were considered and the Committee found as follows:

arthur 3 winning results so progresses
burtiew 2 winning results so eliminated
CWH-NYC_ 3 winning results so progresses
ecfc70 1 winning result so eliminated
Exehausted 3 winning results so progresses
grecIAN Harris 3 winning results so progresses
grecian-near-hell 3 winning results so progresses
STURTZ 2 winning results so eliminated

The Committee then examined the goals scored for the correctly predicted results of the gang of five and found as follows:

grecian-near-hell got none of his winning results correct as regards goals scored so he was eliminated. The other four got one result exactly right each so progressed

The Committee then looked at the results correctly predicted but with the wrong goals and gave a negative point for the margin of error in each case for both team's scores and found errors as follows:

arthur 3 goals out
grecIAN Harris 3 goals out
CWH-NYC_ 5 goals out and eliminated
Exehausted 6 goals out and eliminated

The Committee then looked at the two results where the goals were wrong for the two survivors and looked for the number of exact scores

arthur

City 1 Lincoln 0
City 3 Barnsley 2

grecIAN Harris

City 2 Lincoln 0
City 3 Accrington 0

With 2 correct scores highlighted grecIAN Harris edges out art with 1 score highlighted and is declared the winner 👏 👏

arthur the only one of the eight 10 pointers to get both the Cheltenham and Barnsley results correct so very unlucky not to win.
Yikes, that must have taken some time/effort! (I'm even more glad I didn't try to sort out the 10 pointers!)

And I see it went well beyond the midnight oil - results posted at 1.53am and edited at 1.58am.

CWH-NYC_

Thanks Alistair, a lot of biscuit power to work that all out. Now to get my brain in gear for the last round of this season.

Alistair20000

Thanks Alistair, a lot of biscuit power to work that all out. Now to get my brain in gear for the last round of this season.
Aye. It was unusually tough this month.

Biscuit restocking needed.

My friend art will be pleased I kept off the Jura during the deliberations :)

I was half hoping for an appeal as it would require a non returnable deposit of £50 worth of biscuits.

Good luck with April/May

arthur

Aye. It was unusually tough this month.

Biscuit restocking needed.

My friend art will be pleased I kept off the Jura during the deliberations :)

I was half hoping for an appeal as it would require a non returnable deposit of £50 worth of biscuits.

Good luck with April/May
I was banking on a substantial Jura intake.🥃🥃
No appeal - the best man won, and I knew you would exact a heavy price anyway . In terms of this competition only, this narrow defeat is not as gutting as being just 3 minutes away from a perfect 7/7 in December. Bleddy Sam Nombe...

Alistair20000

I was banking on a substantial Jura intake.🥃🥃
No appeal - the best man won, and I knew you would exact a heavy price anyway . In terms of this competition only, this narrow defeat is not as gutting as being just 3 minutes away from a perfect 7/7 in December. Bleddy Sam Nombe...
I think you are in the running for 2022/23 Champion of the Predictions with one win and two very narrow misses.

One late goal from Barnsley last night for 3-2 and you would have won (I think. My head hurts after all the investigation of the workings)

rifraf

Well done @grecIAN Harris ... as predicted I now have a hattrick of biscuit room defeats ... roll on April!
Have a pint for me in the Kings Arms ............ or are you a 7 Stars man? To think I played No:8 for your village .............. in 1969/70!

WELL DONE

grecIAN Harris

Well f*!k me!!!! I don't know how many seasons I've been having a crack at this but this is the first month I've won.😯🤯

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done bauy. (y)