• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield v City build up, chat and predictions.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m not saying play players because they’re young, I’m saying play our youngsters because I think they’re good enough. And if one or two struggle then let’s not worry about it, support them, rest them if necessary, but use this weird season to properly blood an excellent crop of youngsters, to protect our future.
I honestly believe the club will do that. A few have already made their league debuts and j expect more to as well. I just don't see a whole team of youngsters being likely, or indeed helpful to their development.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It depends what people mean by throw in all the kids. They have to be ready and mentally tough . You don't want to throw in kids who are not mentally or physically tough . It has to be a good experience for them, not a trauma
The good thing is that we have about 5 or 6 young 'uns that are more or less ready, so I think they should often play. But you also need some oldies to provide support. But the oldies have to be good enough, too. If Jake, Atangana and Bowman for example don't perform in a game they should be dropped immediately for the next. One or two are not pulling their weight.
So I totally support playing the young uns, but not a full team of them.

Red Devon

Should be an interesting team sheet today.

ryancooper327

Should be an interesting team sheet today.
I’m all prepared for “The team remains unchanged from last week’s match against Port Vale”.

Red Devon

I’m all prepared for “The team remains unchanged from last week’s match against Port Vale”.
I’d be very surprised after last Saturday...Matt was somewhat less than impressed with that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No match day thread?