• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield v City build up, chat and predictions.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Play all the kids, this season is a write off and the more experience we can give them the better our future is secured. Shame we've got expensive players but it is of no benefit to us to play them. No wonder we were keen to get Williams sold, love to see us do well but surviving and continuing development should be our priority.
Yeah there's something in this. We needn't worry about relegation with half the league going bust.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah there's something in this. We needn't worry about relegation with half the league going bust.
Given all the cancellations due to Covid I can't see the season finishing anyway so let the kids get all the experience they need ready for a promotion push in 2021 / 2022.
UTC

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Play all the kids, this season is a write off and the more experience we can give them the better our future is secured. Shame we've got expensive players but it is of no benefit to us to play them. No wonder we were keen to get Williams sold, love to see us do well but surviving and continuing development should be our priority.
You could argue that it sets a bad precedent, playing kids just because you can. They need to earn it and be show they can handle it over the long term.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
You could argue that it sets a bad precedent, playing kids just because you can. They need to earn it and be show they can handle it over the long term.
Nah, chuck em in the deep end, give em all the support in the world on here and see who sinks and who swims. I’m confident they’ll all swim. Geddon lads.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah, chuck em in the deep end, give em all the support in the world on here and see who sinks and who swims. I’m confident they’ll all swim. Geddon lads.
I like the idea, just not the practice. The players wont develop and understand the game that way. Yes they may swim, but will they improve as players, in an environment that guarantees them a game. I don't think so. No othclub would treat them like that.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two go down.

Play the kids who are good enough.

fred binneys head

No othclub would treat them like that.
You reckon? The world of football has to change or it will die.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
You reckon? The world of football has to change or it will die.
I do reckon. Playing players because they are young, will send the wrong message. I have great faith in the way we develop players. It has worked time and time again. Why fix what isnt broke?

GJW

1-3 to City. Fisher banging them in; 1, 2, 3.

fred binneys head

I’m not saying play players because they’re young, I’m saying play our youngsters because I think they’re good enough. And if one or two struggle then let’s not worry about it, support them, rest them if necessary, but use this weird season to properly blood an excellent crop of youngsters, to protect our future.