Mansfield v City build up, chat and predictions.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Play all the kids, this season is a write off and the more experience we can give them the better our future is secured. Shame we've got expensive players but it is of no benefit to us to play them. No wonder we were keen to get Williams sold, love to see us do well but surviving and continuing development should be our priority.
Yeah there's something in this. We needn't worry about relegation with half the league going bust.

Martin Lawrence

Play all the kids, this season is a write off and the more experience we can give them the better our future is secured. Shame we've got expensive players but it is of no benefit to us to play them. No wonder we were keen to get Williams sold, love to see us do well but surviving and continuing development should be our priority.
You could argue that it sets a bad precedent, playing kids just because you can. They need to earn it and be show they can handle it over the long term.

Martin Lawrence

Nah, chuck em in the deep end, give em all the support in the world on here and see who sinks and who swims. I’m confident they’ll all swim. Geddon lads.
I like the idea, just not the practice. The players wont develop and understand the game that way. Yes they may swim, but will they improve as players, in an environment that guarantees them a game. I don't think so. No othclub would treat them like that.

The Proper Chap

Two go down.

Play the kids who are good enough.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m not saying play players because they’re young, I’m saying play our youngsters because I think they’re good enough. And if one or two struggle then let’s not worry about it, support them, rest them if necessary, but use this weird season to properly blood an excellent crop of youngsters, to protect our future.