• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield Town v Exeter City MDT

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's a difference between dropping Randall and getting rid of him. He's currently keeping two of our best players, Law and Sparkes, out of the team. I wouldn't have a problem if he misses out to either of those 2 next week but he's also shown more than enough to suggest he's more than good enough to be playing in League 2 and will get lots of game time this season. In fact, he's in a very similar position to Will Dean who I thought looked very promising in the first couple of games; however, it's hard to argue that the extra experience of Parkes wasn't helpful to the team yesterday.
Imo you only drop someone if they have played at a mediocre or bad level for two consecutive games. Players should not automatically return to the team based purely on who they are.
For me it's not good for the morale of a player if he has played well but is dropped for a more senior player.

IndoMike

I like the way all the players crowded around Key after his goal : usually we are a bit laid back after a goal.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently, the Mansfield goal was the 1500th away goal we've conceded in the fourth tier of English football.

fred binneys head

Apparently, the Mansfield goal was the 1500th away goal we've conceded in the fourth tier of English football.
Tisdale out.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

tonykellowfan

I was asked the question earlier about Jay or Law and that is a tough question. In the squad we have on current form and fitness I would play team that started on Saturday.

Law is 32 and at the moment not fully fit. Jay is the future for us and he will only get better by playing every game. He is 24 and can still improve over the next 2, 3 and 4 years.

Unfortunately we have seen many examples where the best player at the club hits a wall at a certain age and their performance begins to drop. Holmes is a good example.

Bongo1959

Still can't see where the goals are going to come from, for me mj to deep midfield not good enough we seem to have 4\5 players under par .

IndoMike

Bring back Martin !

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still can't see where the goals are going to come from, for me mj to deep midfield not good enough we seem to have 4\5 players under par .
O G has started the season well!

Grecian Max

I miss being the age of an academy prospect, now I’m a year older than Law who should apparently be sent out to pasture!

Personally think Nicky Law still has it - his role changed last year and as i mentioned in a previous thread (to much derision) but Boateng got the best out of him...