• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield Town v Exeter City match day thread.

burtiew

Fair result, Mansfield are finally profitting from the overspending they have indulged in for many seasons, got a decent manager at last. Solid team with quality all over the pitch.

Yeah we could have won it;p a goal from any one of our chances would have changed the game but we failed to capitalise on aproach work. Apologies but I thought Caprice at LWB was poor, Mansfield had him cutting inside on about the half way line or getting to the touchline and prodding a left footed flat pass to the near post or side netting. Made space but then couldn't get in a meaning ful cross.

Reservations about Coley were releived, thought he has promise but is no replacement for Jevani.

Matt Jay is about a yard behind the pace these days think he might have seasonal affected disorder.

Sam Stubbs is real quality, absolutely top player, hope he doesn't get injured again though. He puts his whole self into his game.

Collins is unimaginative.

I thought the defence were pretty good to be honest!

Move on, keep your nerve!;)
I was going to add my full match report, but Sturtz said exactly what I was going to say.
Stubbs was absolutely immense. Any result could have been justified. Both teams up in the autos.
Caprice flatters to deceive, his approach play is fine, has the beating of the defender again and again, but delivery is too predictable, and his shots were back passes.
Archie and Josh Key need a rest. Matt Jay just needs some confidence back so hopefully the goal will do that.
With Jevani and Chieck back we will click back into gear and be promoted either first or second. UTC.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
We certainly had a enough chances to win the game but a disappointing result in the end :(

We played pretty well for the most part, just that twenty minutes before halftime where we lost control of the midfield with a period of untidy passing coupled with giving away a succession of throwing‘s that allowed Mansfield to build pressure...Stubbs MoM

The League table still looks encouraging for us this morning, there’s a long way to go before we’re even assured of a playoff place by the tightness of it all though.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
Yeah right.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Stubbs will play further up the pyramid. No doubt.
he already has; he'd played in League One for Fleetwood, apparently intended to be a regular first choice for a while.

Martin Weiler

Stubbs has also played in Dutch and Scottish Premier Leagues.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
i thought Caprice won plenty of battle, especially going forward and it was only the fact that he was on the wrong wing that stopped him creating more
Don't let @Grecian Max hear you say that.

STURTZ

Yeah right.
And you can shut it for a start.
Quality thread ruined by a poor result.

jimmy

he already has; he'd played in League One for Fleetwood, apparently intended to be a regular first choice for a while.
That's true. I meant again...and at least Championship!

Red Devon

Agree with the poster who said playing on a Friday night and losing is horrible :(

Listening to Clough on the radio yesterday it sounded like the real reason for the fixture move was him wanting a change of routine from a Saturday kickoff.