• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield Town v Exeter City match day thread.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you want to take Collins out you go like for like and put Taylor in. The difference is you'll get more buzz and energy from Taylor.
Maybe like for like but if "like" isn't working then perhaps you should change it round a bit. I was shocked when Caprice remained on the left and Sparkes turned up on the right when the opposite would have been prefect? Shocked that Hartridge didn't get a run out, even the threat of his long throws would have changed things a bit when we were becoming desparate.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Good The Bad & The Ugly in reverse:-

Their first goal was offside, looks like we've lost Coley with another hammy & Stubbsy has a bad R ankle

Tim Dieng lost his man for their 2nd

The Grecians NEVER gave up !

If we win the next 3 games at home we are still in the hunt !

UTC
Pretty sure Coley had cramp?

fred binneys head

Just got back, really disappointing result tonight. Thought Mansfield were just about the better side for 60 minutes but without creating many chances, whereas we were by far the better side for the last 35. How we only scored once I’ll never know, but Mansfield pressed really well from the first minute to the last, they’re a strong, fit side who will probably go up.

Thought it wasn’t Archie and Tim’s best game for us today which was the difference - Mansfield were stronger in the middle of the park and like someone has already said (and like I said at half time) they’d watered the pitch to make it slower, which didn’t suit us.

Interesting that their man of the match was their big centre half. Shows how little they had up top and how well Stubbs played, who was easily our man of the match.

Cam had nothing to do really other than their two goals, whereas we tested their keeper on a number of occasions.

Oh well, the Mansfield hoodoo has gone now. Onto Swindon at home on Tuesday which we could do with winning.

COYR.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately a few connection issues are delaying the post match interviews, however we hope to bring them to you as soon as possible. #ECFC #OneGrecianGoal

10:44 PM · Mar 4, 2022·Twitter Web App

Sounds like our season !

Alistair20000

Pate will go critical when he sees their keeper’s mistake for our much too late goal.

Apart from one mistake, Stubbs rock solid tonight. Our MOTM by a mile

Red Monster

Nigel Clough fair play to him saying we are best side
they’ve played this season.

Last edited:

craigbratt

Basically, internet, and 4G, do not exist in Mansfield.

craigbratt

Unfortunately a few connection issues are delaying the post match interviews, however we hope to bring them to you as soon as possible. #ECFC #OneGrecianGoal

10:44 PM · Mar 4, 2022·Twitter Web App

Sounds like our season !

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Craig - probably why their first goal was offside then !

STURTZ

I must admit, I haven't a clue why people bring out Norman Collier but I'm surprised he hasn't been called for.
Well there you go perhaps you should have said it earlier!

Anyway thanks for the Jay goal. :)