• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield Town v Exeter City match day thread.

scottus86

That was a really good game of football. I think Mansfield put loads of sand and water on the wings on purpose to stop our style of play.

With the Coley Chances, Zanzala/Nombe chance and Jay's goal on another day we could have won that game. We battled well and apart from the 15 minutes in the first half when they scored, we matched Mansfield.

I hope that goal gives Jay a boost as he looks shot of confidence right now and isn't showing his quality.

C j phill

Was the starting line up correct or would we have done better with Nombe and Zanzala from the outset?

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Collins needs a rest. Poor by his standards tonight.

Edna Clouds

Hopefully that surface hasn't sapped too much energy. Coley looks good just needs a goal or two to get confident. We need Jay and Nombe to find their early season form. I didn't think anyone played badly. Mansfield were good. If they play like that for the rest of the season they will go up.

JCWhoosh

Coley played well and deserved a goal. Caprice was great again but Stubbs was motm by far. Great for Jay to get a goal for his confidence. Just didn't get the rub of the green. Mansfield are organised, tough and know how to play on a very poor pitch.
Great to see 3 different strikers in the squad who can all do a job. 1st time I have said that for a while. Brown to come back. I'm staying positive.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well. We were unlucky not to get anything from that. Though if you were listening to the home commentary you'd have thought they battered us. At the final whistle the commentators celebrated as if that game confirmed their promotion.
This is the first time this season I have listened to such a biased away commentary - like Chelski if you spend above your budget you get lucky, shame they have not spent much on their cabbage patch !
Awful that they chose to comment upon no away support when 2:0 up - hope we see them off in the Play Offs !

Colesman Ballz

The pitch is very slow, they’ve obviously watered it a lot or there’s been a lot of rain here or both.

The smoke earlier was from outside the ground. Maybe a city fan bought a house in Mansfield just to let off a smoke bomb. Idiots.
Perhaps it was just Lee Holmes turning up to watch ! 😎

Rosencrantz

Disappointing to lose but it wasn't the worst performance. Mansfield are a good side and showed it in sizable spells tonight. It came down to taking chances which despite Mansfield's possession were probably about equal and Mansfield took theirs whilst we just couldn't until the right at the end. The second goal which came against the run of play was obviously a killer tonight.

The positives tonight was again the central defence and now the options we do have in attack. Coley looked good tonight and is showing the promise we bought him for. Oz is back and gives us more options. I do think Josh Key and Archie look like they need a break, mentally more than anything. Matt said previously they were both in the red zone a couple of weeks back and it is showing in Josh's attacking play more than anything. A bit of rotation for them to refresh before the run in might be the answer.

ExmouthMart

No shame in that defeat. Played really well right to the end. Just a shame Caprice can’t cross with his left foot. Costing us in the balance and shape of the team. We look generally a match for anyone. Stubbs was immense. What’s happened to Hartridge?! Grounds is solid but supertanker slow……

Edna Clouds

This is the first time this season I have listened to such a biased away commentary - like Chelski if you spend above your budget you get lucky, shame they have not spent much on their cabbage patch !
Awful that they chose to comment upon no away support when 2:0 up - hope we see them off in the Play Offs !
Please no playoffs! Can we just go up automatically please.