• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield Town v Exeter City match day thread.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a difficult to see this Mansfield team not going up if they play like this

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Our usual poor half. The second half will be better

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've rarely seen that much intensity over 45 minutes from a League Two team. It's not like we've been that bad either, we've battled well. But they won't keep that up over the 90, so it's time for the old cliche - to stay in the game.

Exehausted

I would make two changes at half time. Sparkes for Caprice so that we can get some decent crosses from the left and Sam on for Phillips to give us a real chance in the box. I hope Matt doesn't wait until we are two down. Get out and get at them Lads, COME ON YOU REDS!

fred binneys head

We need more up front, got nothing so far, fantastic following, I’d say around 500?

logman

Convinced the commentary team want us to lose.

Decent first half and sloppy defending for 15 seconds see us behind.

COME ON CITY!!!!

Exehausted

We need more up front, got nothing so far, fantastic following, I’d say around 500?
That's a fantastic following for a Friday night!

scottus86

First twenty minutes we held our own and apart from some counter attacks we were playing some good football. After that Phillips chance Mansfield really grew into and started to dominate. Their goal was coming for about 5 minutes. We're not doing badly though and we can still carve out some chances to draw level. We have a strong bench which will play a part towards the end of the second half.

We need to do something to get on the ball and withstand their pressing game. Perhaps Nombe to come on to hold the ball up a bit better up the pitch.

crocks

Need Sam on for Philips at HT.

elginCity

We always struggle on a crappy pitch.