• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this another Paul Tisdale thread?
They do seem to end up like that Hants. 🤷‍♂️

Alistair20000

Is this another Paul Tisdale thread?
Would you have preferred a completely new thread ?

Tisdale to Carlisle ?

grecIAN Harris

Steve Bruce has finally been out out of his misery.

arthur

The Guardian reported on Saturday that he had gained "a stay of execution" which seemed a somewhat tasteless remark :cool:

dontpassback

Steve Bruce in my opinion,did well to keep that Newcastle side in the premier league,the toon army didnt think so but Newcastle fans suffer from the same syndrome as the green army,they think they are a big club

grecIAN Harris

Steve Bruce in my opinion,did well to keep that Newcastle side in the premier league,the toon army didnt think so but Newcastle fans suffer from the same syndrome as the green army,they think they are a big club
I disagree with that. He caused his own downfall by playing so negatively when he didn't need to. There are teams you accept you've just got to shut up shop and hope for the best but there are many times when he did the same against the likes of Burnley, Brighton etc.

dontpassback

I disagree with that. He caused his own downfall by playing so negatively when he didn't need to. There are teams you accept you've just got to shut up shop and hope for the best but there are many times when he did the same against the likes of Burnley, Brighton etc.
Regardless of his style of play,he kept them up,despite Ashley’s lack of funding,you can agree or not but the fact is they are in the premier league because of his efforts,it might not have been pretty but it was pretty effective,and I doubt wether a Newcastle team in the championship would have been such an attractive lure for the Saudis

Rosencrantz

Did he get the push by Micky Flanagan 😉.

Bruce tried to be more expansive this season but the quality isn't there, especially defensively, and the results bear that out. Basically Saint-Maximin cannot cause enough chaos on his own to compensate for those behind him although Callum Wilson will score goals.

DB9

Reports say the Bruce had his contract paid up, In the region of £8m, Probably peanuts to the new owners. Bruce says it might be his last job in managment, we'll see with that one but with his pay off he won't be signing on for UC anytime soon.

Pobbop

Regardless of his style of play,he kept them up,despite Ashley’s lack of funding,you can agree or not but the fact is they are in the premier league because of his efforts,it might not have been pretty but it was pretty effective,and I doubt wether a Newcastle team in the championship would have been such an attractive lure for the Saudis
This is such a myth, they had the eight biggest funding last year, he underperformed if anything. The fact is though Newcastle should have had more funds, and Ashley was making an huge profit, but Bruce had much more money too spend than people are making out.

the Guy has them struggling, looking incoherent and in the relegation zone, he'll now get an 8 mil pay-off, I think he's done alright out of it all myself.