• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

sign of the chimes

Nigel Pearson installed at Ashton Gate.
It will be interesting to see if/how the dynamics in the background are affected there and if the hierarchy are serious about having a manager, rather than head coach, beyond the summer. I can imagine Pearson being a challenge for their CEO who, given he was happy for high-performing regional sales manager Lee Johnson to do his thing before replacing him (after an 'exhaustive recruitment process') with Dean Holden on the basis of the latter being an 'outstanding human'. Barton at Rovers actually seems like quite a good fit for the club - and I don't say that in a disparaging way - whether or not he'll be able to get a tune out of their squad (who did manage to school us last week) is another matter; their recruitment over the last eighteen months is why they find themselves where they are.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Personally I think that the Pirates problems have a lot to do with the appointment of Starnes from the Janners. Think our Cornish friends were mighty pleased to get rid of him, and the fortunes of the good ship Mayflower are now on the up, whilst the Gas are sinking faster than the Titanic ! 😎

sign of the chimes

Personally I think that the Pirates problems have a lot to do with the appointment of Starnes from the Janners. Think our Cornish friends were mighty pleased to get rid of him, and the fortunes of the good ship Mayflower are now on the up, whilst the Gas are sinking faster than the Titanic ! 😎
He doesn't seem the most convincing - didn't he spend time at Yeovil and Swindon too? Almost as though he's trying to do a mini version of 'doing the 92' but as a football administrator; and focussed solely on the HTV/TSW regions.

DB9

Neil Lennon resigns as Celtic manager.

grecIAN Harris

Neil Lennon resigns as Celtic manager.
That has been a long time coming

Ex-ciderrr

Leyton Orient sack Ross Embleton...

arthur

I would think Woodgate at Bournemouth is more down to them not being able to appoint who they want at this time.
There was a reason he was called Village

Ex-ciderrr

Paul Lambert has left Ipswich Town by mutual consent

Ex-ciderrr

sky sports .....Darren Moore has departed Doncaster Rovers for Sheffield Wednesday

DB9

sky sports .....Darren Moore has departed Doncaster Rovers for Sheffield Wednesday
Quite like him as a manager, He did an OK at WBA and glad he's still managing, Losing that job at a club he loved might have really got to him, Good luck though, Bit of a basket case at Sheff Weds.