• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

Ex-ciderrr

Neil Harris and his assistant David Livermore have left Cardiff City with ’immediate effect’
and according to BBC Sport Wales this morning are set to appoint Mick McCarthy as their new manager.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Chelsea sack Lampard.

Grecian2K

Adieu to funtime Frankie as Chelski churn yet another manager.
(Curse you DB..beat me to it by a minute! :p)

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chelsea sack Lampard.
Crazy decision - football at the top gone mad cant be doing with it

Grecian2K

Compare and contrast.
Money reportedly spaffed by Abramovich to get rid of failed managers - £110 Million
Money very grudgingly "filtered down" to a League 2 club for a hot young prospect (already an international) - a shade over £1 Million/

Yet another 109 million reasons to despise the whole Premier League and it's financial priorities....and Chelski in particular. :mad:

Alistair20000

Yep Chelsea are a particularly vile Club. :mad:

Hope the new guy falls flat on his face; not because of him but because it is feckin' Chelsea

Legohead

Banned
Spending that amount of cash that Lampard spent and not being at least comfortably in the top 4 and playing great football was always going to be the sword of damacles for Lamps unfortunately. Seems a decent bloke. Not self obsessed and self confident, but i do think the Premier League is above him in managerial terms.

In some ways i am not too disappointed that he's got the boot as i don't like managers getting top jobs (Derby / Chelsea) on the back of being a great player when the likes of Gareth Ainsworth (arguably), Nathan Jones etc always get overlooked despite doing the hard yards in the lower leagues on minimal resources. But i guess this is not Lampard's fault that the likes of Derby and Chelsea were happy to employ him.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spending that amount of cash that Lampard spent and not being at least comfortably in the top 4 and playing great football was always going to be the sword of damacles for Lamps unfortunately. Seems a decent bloke. Not self obsessed and self confident, but i do think the Premier League is above him in managerial terms.

In some ways i am not too disappointed that he's got the boot as i don't like managers getting top jobs (Derby / Chelsea) on the back of being a great player when the likes of Gareth Ainsworth (arguably), Nathan Jones etc always get overlooked despite doing the hard yards in the lower leagues on minimal resources. But i guess this is not Lampard's fault that the likes of Derby and Chelsea were happy to employ him.
Sky and BT would veto Ainsworth getting a PL job. Play havoc with their schedules having 14 minutes of "additional time" everytime Chelsea played.

Legohead

Banned
True RP, but he would also suit the Prem by teaching players to roll around every 2 minutes, like they seem to love doing in the Prem. Ainsworth has done an amazing job though it has to be said. Like him or loathe him.

Rosencrantz

I think Lampard got the job too soon, only one season experience, but couldn't really turn it down. I'd be surprised if he didn't turn out well as he did a good job at Derby after the money taps had been turned off by bringing through young players. He has done similar at Chelsea with the transfer ban but of course Chelsea now want the title and nothing else is good enough.

It will be interesting to see where Utd end up after sticking by Solskaer. Currently at least they seem to be going in the right direction although I doubt that they will win the title. They seem to still lack a bit of belief compared to Citteh.

The only way more unfashionable named British managers are getting jobs in the PL who haven't been there before is by being promoted there. Dean Smith and Chris Wilder for example. Graham Potter is an exception.