• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Al, You're a frigging fortune teller. 👍😂😂
It was an easy call. Big Sam the go to man for a short term burst of horrible football that might just avoid relegation

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

Ian Holloway resigns from Grimsby Town FC.

sign of the chimes

I'd be really concerned if I were a Grimsby fan as their season is following a pattern I've observed with a number who've dropped out of the Football League of late, including some who started in loftier positions. I saw the published statement from Holloway earlier and it seemed pretty disingenuous. I just get a sense that things are pretty rotten to the core there at the moment, which is a shame for the town and their suppport. I guess what might save them is that Southend is probably at an even more developed stage - meaning it may only take one other to see the wheels fall off to save them.

Colesman Ballz

I'd be really concerned if I were a Grimsby fan as their season is following a pattern I've observed with a number who've dropped out of the Football League of late, including some who started in loftier positions. I saw the published statement from Holloway earlier and it seemed pretty disingenuous. I just get a sense that things are pretty rotten to the core there at the moment, which is a shame for the town and their suppport. I guess what might save them is that Southend is probably at an even more developed stage - meaning it may only take one other to see the wheels fall off to save them.
There is plenty about this on their forum "The New Fishy". There could plenty of scope for "Fit and proper" investigations into the circling vultures !

sign of the chimes

There is plenty about this on their forum "The New Fishy". There could plenty of scope for "Fit and proper" investigations into the circling vultures !
I saw IH had referenced new ownership in his statement and given the position they're in (alongside the broader context at the moment) that had the spidey-senses twitching. Who would want to by GTFC in the middle of a pandemic, with an underperforming squad brought in by a manager who is slinging his hook? None of this reeks of happy ending, does it?

dontpassback

I saw IH had referenced new ownership in his statement and given the position they're in (alongside the broader context at the moment) that had the spidey-senses twitching. Who would want to by GTFC in the middle of a pandemic, with an underperforming squad brought in by a manager who is slinging his hook? None of this reeks of happy ending, does it?
Totally correct,it looks like the long suffering Grimsby fans are in for another roller coaster ride ! It’s a times like this that I am glad we are in charge of our club,we don’t have much money but we know that the people in charge are doing it for the right reasons,I really hope that grimsby town gets sorted out for the supporters sake

sign of the chimes

Pulis manages ten games at Sheffield Wednesday - he's someone that needs to fit and has had some controversy surrounding him at some of those clubs where it hasn't worked out. The comments from Hillsborough suggest this might be another of those.

DB9

Jake Buxton leaves Burton Albion.

dontpassback

Jake Buxton leaves Burton Albion.
Appointment made due to financial restraints,which hasn’t worked out,which is a shame because Burton Albion have always been a well run club

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is back in at Burton. I always wonder when a club reappoints someone they previously sacked.