• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

dontpassback

Mansfield manager won’t be there much longer if they don’t start getting a few results,the radfords have pumped loads into the club,and they still dont appear to be very good

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Coughlan parted company with Mansfield this evening

Alistair20000

Coughlan parted company with Mansfield this evening
Death bed for managers. A club that has a Billy Big Bollox view of its place in the food chain. I would not mourn if they dropped out of L2

Colesman Ballz

Tranmere manager given the heave-ho after losing at home to Morecambe.

Pobbop

Matty Taylor up to 21st on the list of longest serving managers. Good for him, but shows managerial longevity not really a thing nowadays

DB9

Matty Taylor up to 21st on the list of longest serving managers. Good for him, but shows managerial longevity not really a thing nowadays
It never has been really, Not for at least 30 odd years, We were only clouded by our last one lasting 12 years, The fact is yes the time given to managers is less but not that much less.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It never has been really, Not for at least 30 odd years, We were only clouded by our last one lasting 12 years, The fact is yes the time given to managers is less but not that much less.
What price Matt Taylor beating Tis's 'record' ?

DB9

What price Matt Taylor beating Tis's 'record' ?
I think that MT is a more ambitious manager the our last one, Don't forget that PT turned down a couple of offers, Even that MT has with Lincoln, He knew that was far too early in his managerial career but like the players coming through the youth ranks, He always tells them if they're good enough they could go far in the game and i feel that's part of MT, Unlike the last manager who got too comfortable until it was obvious parting ways would be good for both parties MT is not him and i think he'll know when the right offer comes in he'll think hard about it and if its good for him and his family he'll take it and i hope would go with our blessing (As long as its not for that lot down the A38!)

Pobbop

I consider 30 years nowadays TBH. I hope Matt taylor stays many years, I think continuity is the way to bring through long-term systems, that includes ownership and managers.

DB9

I consider 30 years nowadays TBH. I hope Matt taylor stays many years, I think continuity is the way to bring through long-term systems, that includes ownership and managers.
Depends if the club matches his ambition, If we as a club continue to sell our best players and just flirt mostly the top end of L2 and with the odd season in L1 i think MT would want a club thats able to match his managerial skills and his own ambitions.