• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Middlesbrough have sacked head coach Jonathan Woodgate and appointed Neil Warnock as his replacement.
Bit of a trek for Colin from his Cornish farm?

Thought he'd retired anyway.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Middlesbrough have sacked head coach Jonathan Woodgate and appointed Neil Warnock as his replacement.
I don't mind Boro but I hope they get relegated now (sorry George).

Oldsmobile-88

Not a manager change,but it seems appropriate to put it on this thread.

Keith Birkenshaw is 85 today.He managed Spurs from July 1976 to June 1984,what’s remarkable in the context of football today is Spurs were relegated in his first season in change.

He got Spurs promoted the next season & made the then bold,unique & unusual decision to sign a couple of players from Argentina,arguably the best value any club has got from players not from these islands.

A couple of FA Cup wins & a UEFA Cup means only the legendary manager Bill Nicholson won more trophies at White Hart Lane.

Legohead

Banned
I didn't know that Nathan Jones had gone back to Luton to manage. Credit to Luton for putting to one side the manner in which he left them to join Stoke and re appointing him. He's a decent manager I feel and that is what Luton can see above and beyond bearing a grudge.

DB9

Former England defender Sol Campbell has left his role as manager of Southend United by mutual consent.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Former England defender Sol Campbell has left his role as manager of Southend United by mutual consent.
Matt Taylor wouldn't - Would He ?

UTC

Legohead

Banned
He's taken on two of the toughest jobs in lower league footy has Sol. He's done well and he should get another job very soon IMO.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah. Hope he finds the right club next time.

dontpassback

Sol to barrow maybe !

Rosencrantz

Sol is just waiting to see who the next crisis club is. Or maybe he'll get dealt a better hand.