Manager Thread redux

It‘s a difficult one because clubs who feel they’re in serious danger of relegation should be able to act at a seconds notice, just look at the dismissal of Jolley at Barrow which has been totally justified.
Definitely. I posted it because it was one of the Salford owners who'd composed the original tweet, in the public domain, in response to a sacking elsewhere and one of his broadcast media colleagues was having a chuckle at his expense which, in turn, made me laugh. FWIW - I think the intent behind Neville's original Tweet is a good one - if it were workable it might sharpen owners' minds before appointing in haste.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Richie Wellens sacked by Salford City.
Gary Neville in January 2018

The scary thing is that a large % of people now actually support these sackings as they’ve become accustomed to it... How can you build a football team without getting 2-3 years. A rule change is required to moderate sackings of managers mid season in their first year at a club.

dontpassback

Bowyer is going back to derby at the end of the season,so don’t expect any miracles from him,Wellens knew his way around the lower leagues,it’s a shame the same cannot be said for Gary Neville and co

Legohead

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC Sport Website reporting Celtic are in advanced talks with Eddie Howe to become their new manager.
I think he'll do well there. Likes to play easy on the eye football and the paucity of any real quality in Scottish football, other than Rangers, will enable him to develop the side and playing style gradually whilst still getting the wins needed. As always in Scottish football, the results against Rangers are what matter as well as a run in Europe.